New Pink Floyd remasters on the way

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Saw that too. Really excited about them coming to blu-ray.

B

bruceh

Junior Audioholic
Blu-Ray

Saw that too. Really excited about them coming to blu-ray.
Yeah, but they're going to jack us for a $100 to get the blu-ray I bet. I think it may only be in what they call the "immersion" release, which is loaded with all the other versions of a particular release.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They said there would be a variety of releases available, some with a lot more stuff than the more basic versions, though it didn't say the BDs would be included in those varieties. We can hope. If it looks like a lot of stuff that would be worth $100, I might be interested. If it is just remasters and bonus tracks then maybe not.

S

slerch666

Audioholic Intern
If only they'd release a BD only set of the Immersion albums, I'd be happy. $130, each for 2 albums, for a passing Floyd interest, is a bit of overkill for me...

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
I used to be a huge Floyd fan. Lately though I have grown tired of it. I really am starting to loose interest in a lot stuff I used to listen to from 70's-80'sish. I want new stuff. I think that is why I find the symphonic metal so refreshing and also stuff like Porcupine Tree.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
I used to be a huge Floyd fan. Lately though I have grown tired of it. I really am starting to loose interest in a lot stuff I used to listen to from 70's-80'sish. I want new stuff. I think that is why I find the symphonic metal so refreshing and also stuff like Porcupine Tree.
Fwiw... Porcupine Tree is kinda 80's stuff(originated late 80's...I believe:eek:) and I do see your POV, but some bands (like PF) never get tiresome....:D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'll have to check when the first album came out, but PT might be 90s, but possibly late 80s. That first album certainly has tracks that sound like 80s :D I just bought their entire back catalog and have been really enjoying their earlier stuff. The remastered Signify two disc set is excellent.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Jeff I agree; we listen to a local college station to find some new stuff.
Been playing older stuff less and less just so I don't wear it out and get sick of it. We've been listening to concert DVD's more now, just to break things up a little.
I can only take so much of the same old music I listened to while in school.

Fwiw... Porcupine Tree is kinda 80's stuff(originated late 80's...I believe:eek:) and I do see your POV, but some bands (like PF) never get tiresome....:D
I've always thought of Porcupine Tree as a modern day Pink Floyd. I'm pretty sure there first album was in 92 called 'On The Sunday of Life'

I can't believe Walter hasn't found this thread.:D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I looked it up earlier, 91 :) It is an odd album, some tracks completely unlike what most are familiar with from them. But it lays the foundation. I'd say the Floyd influence is most obvious in the early work, in a good way.
Lately the only Floyd I listen to are the wall and dsotm.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
I looked it up earlier, 91 :) It is an odd album, some tracks completely unlike what most are familiar with from them. But it lays the foundation. I'd say the Floyd influence is most obvious in the early work, in a good way.
Lately the only Floyd I listen to are the wall and dsotm.
I really only like the wall anymore when I am watching the film. Now when they do a DTS HD master audio track with an HD re-master I will be all over it.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Well I just listened to my "Pulse" dvd and I'll never tired of Gilmour's guitar...comfortably numb gave me shivers ....it simply sounded amazing....:).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis