New Outlaw BLSv2's ONLY $599.99!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, Outlaw is at it again. This time they have redone the original BLSv1 stand-mounts at nearly half the cost! Wow! :eek::D:eek: Here is a link:

http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/blsv2.html

Looks like some of the original folks at Snell helped in bringing the BLSv2's back! Anyways, things are getting more and more competitive in the under $1K price range. It will be interesting to see how the BLSv2's do. Only time will tell.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
It is going to be rather interesting to see how the Outlaw BLSv2's compete with the RBH R-5E's. My guess is that the RBH R-5E's are going to hold their own. The KEF Q150's/Q350's are also in this price range albeit B-stocks.

Personally, I find the QA Concept 20's interesting as well. Even have seen the Wharfedale Reva 2's brand new for only $549.95 shipped over @Audiogon. Competition is heating up up up! It is good to have so many choices in this price rang inmho. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Anyone know how I can post the pics of the new Outlaw BLS v2's? I have tried to copy and paste- all to no avail? Not sure what I am doing wrong, but was hoping to post the pics. BTW, I could be wrong yet again, but the tweeter looks like this one:

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/soft-dome-tweeters-sb-acoustics/sb-acoustics-sb29sdac-c000-4-29mm-textile-dome-tweeter/

There are no pics w/the grilles off so it is very hard to tell. If anyone can post the pics located here I would certainly appreciate it:

http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/blsv2_about.html

Is there any particular reason why the pics will NOT copy and paste? Wished I knew a bit more about computers.:confused::confused::confused:

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks KEW much appreciated. Not sure why it will not let me copy and paste. Sometimes it will allow me to do so and others not so much. Must be something in my settings I suppose.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Anyone know how I can post the pics of the new Outlaw BLS v2's? I have tried to copy and paste- all to no avail?

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/soft-dome-tweeters-sb-acoustics/sb-acoustics-sb29sdac-c000-4-29mm-textile-dome-tweeter/
Snell used a Seas tweeter -- the BLS 2 favors the Snell IC-K7 model, which used a different cabinet over the Snell K7
https://www.digitaltrends.com/speaker-reviews/snell-acoustics-ic-k7-review/

I am a former owner of the Snell K7
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/157151/Snell-K7.html

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
The tweeter I linked just looks a lot like the one Outlaw is using. It is really hard to tell since there are no pics w/o the grilles on. The tweeter looks to have a massive surround which I find rather interesting. Not exactly sure why Outlaw is not posting any pics w/o the grilles. There are no response graphs either. Maybe eventually there will be.

Cheers,

Phil

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Not exactly sure why Outlaw is not posting any pics w/o the grilles. There are no response graphs either. Maybe eventually there will be.
On my former Snell K7 it took a little work to get the metal grills off -- but Boston and Snell tended to voice their speakers with the grill on -- the tweeter has a big round faceplate

Measuremnts for the former original Outlaw BLS speaker here -- they measure a little different over the original Snell K7
http://www.stereomojo.com/Outlaw Audio Speaker review/OutlawAudioSpeakerReview.htm

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
So, is the mid also a Seas design? Thanks for the links. Some really good reading here. Seems like everyone nowadays use Silk Domes. My guess it is b/c of their affordability. They do tend to be very smooth. At least, that has been my own personal experience. Others may come to different conclusions regarding Silk Domes.

Cheers,

Phil

BTW, I think that the RBH R-5E's are going to be very hard to beat in this price range. Things have gotten rather competitive lately.

Cheers,

Phil

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
So, is the mid also a Seas design?
They should both be Seas. A good metal dome tweeter is not harsh to me -- a poor engineered speaker with a soft dome tweeter can also be harsh or edgy -- the RBH 5E is looking like a winner

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
They should both be Seas. A good metal dome tweeter is not harsh to me -- a poor engineered speaker with a soft dome tweeter can also be harsh or edgy -- the RBH 5E is looking like a winner
I have always been a little leery of Metal Domes. But, the SVS Ultras changed all of that. In fact, the Ultras have the best rendition of any Metal Dome I have ever owned. I agree in that the RBH R-5E's are so tempting. But, so are the KEF Q150's. Now, I am also considering the Outlaw BLS v2's. Just not able to pull the trigger right now for personal health reasons. However, the time will come soon that I can. At least, that is my hope.

Cheers,

Phil

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I have always been a little leery of Metal Domes. But, the SVS Ultras changed all of that. In fact, the Ultras have the best rendition of any Metal Dome I have ever owned. I agree in that the RBH R-5E's are so tempting. But, so are the KEF Q150's. Now, I am also considering the Outlaw BLS v2's. Just not able to pull the trigger right now for personal health reasons. However, the time will come soon that I can. At least, that is my hope.

Cheers,

Phil
I never really had an opinion of domes either way until I came across the metal Dayton (Usher, IIRC) RS28A-4. Even at what once was (it's been discontinued by the manufacturer) a very affordable tweeter, it is a very nice sounding one indeed. Glad I was able to hoard a couple extra pair before they ran out, along with a diaphragm replacement kit.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I never really had an opinion of domes either way until I came across the metal Dayton (Usher, IIRC) RS28A-4. Even at what once was (it's been discontinued by the manufacturer) a very affordable tweeter, it is a very nice sounding one indeed. Glad I was able to hoard a couple extra pair before they ran out, along with a diaphragm replacement kit.

Nice work! What mids are they? Did you do the crossovers as well? Bet they sound great. Wish I had your skills!

Cheers,

Phil

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Nice work! What mids are they? Did you do the crossovers as well? Bet they sound great. Wish I had your skills!

Cheers,

Phil
Those are Jeff Bagby's Continuum, or, his take on the LS3/5a. I got the kit from Meniscus and it is a beautiful sounding little speaker.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Those are Jeff Bagby's Continuum, or, his take on the LS3/5a. I got the kit from Meniscus and it is a beautiful sounding little speaker.
Wow! I am utterly impressed! How big are the mids? Do you have any specifications? Find these rather interesting. The LS3/5a's are known to be very laid-back. Really like that a lot myself. Are they nice and smooth as well? Lucky you.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Wow! I am utterly impressed! How big are the mids? Do you have any specifications? Find these rather interesting. The LS3/5a's are know to be very laid-back. Really like that a lot myself. Are they nice and smooth as well? Lucky you.

Cheers,

Phil
They are designed in essence of the original BBC monitor, except with modern methods and components. The woofer is the Aurum Cantus 5.25".

Here is the write up for this design.
https://meniscusaudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Continuum-Writeup.pdf

Didn't mean to derail your thread. Was just commenting for seeing preferences lean one way or the other with tweeters. I have heard excellent versions of both. With this RS28A-4 being something of a surprise.

This design has been revised since the demise of the RS28A-4. I think now they use a Morel tweeter with an update to the crossover.

This is one of my favorite speakers to date. I would not part with them for all the tea in China. "Laid back?" Hmmmm. . . . I have a hard time with that definition outside of extremes. Very addicting in the near field or small room with the right subwoofer. Half of why I built the RSS315HF subs was to compliment these speakers.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
They are designed in essence of the original BBC monitor, except with modern methods and components. The woofer is the Aurum Cantus 5.25".

Here is the write up for this design.
https://meniscusaudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Continuum-Writeup.pdf

Didn't mean to derail your thread. Was just commenting for seeing preferences lean one way or the other with tweeters. I have heard excellent versions of both. With this RS28A-4 being something of a surprise.

This design has been revised since the demise of the RS28A-4. I think now they use a Morel tweeter with an update to the crossover.

This is one of my favorite speakers to date. I would not part with them for all the tea in China. "Laid back?" Hmmmm. . . . I have a hard time with that definition outside of extremes. Very addicting in the near field or small room with the right subwoofer. Half of why I built the RSS315HF subs was to compliment these speakers.
No worries on derailing my thread. I find this rather interesting. Thanks for the link. Will be sure to read up on it and check it out a little later tonight. Got my laundry going now and not quite done with it just yet. BTW, my use will primarily be in the near-filed via my desktop. But, not looking to add a sub. Strictly 2CH ONLY. Down the road, however, that all may change.:):):)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I did build the crossovers with the parts supplied in the kit.

Very nice! Looks to be 2nd or 3rd order from what I can tell. More specifically, 3rd order on the mid and 2nd order on the tweeter? Am I correct? Dennis Murphy could answer that in a flash. One day I hope to be able to do that as well. Nice work!

Cheers,

Phil

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis