A

angelaudio

Audiophyte
Hi all!

I'm very much a neophyte when it comes to everything audio. I'm generally tech savvy, and can like build my own computer, but never got into audio stuff.

Anyway, I'm moving soon and I need to consolidate all my stuff and I have a bunch of different audio equipment people have given me over time.

Please help me figure out which to keep

I've got:

Pioneer VSX-1131
Pioneer RX-731
Pioneer CS-J821T (x2)
Bose Acoustimass 10 Series II (5 speakers + sub)
Wharfedale Diamond 9.CS + Wharfedale 9.5 (x2) + Wharfedale Zaldek Surround (x2)

I can post pics of them if it helps.

And I just don't even know where to start deciding what to keep and what to pass along.

I figure there there might be a pretty obvious choice just from looking this stuff up online a but based on the price difference (seems like the wharfedales + the pioneer vsx-1131 are the best combo? But I guess if the Bose setup is going to be nearly as good i might go with that because its smaller and I'm moving into a smaller place.

Thank you in advance for any insight!

~Angie

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd tend to think the Wharfedales with the 1131 would be the better combo. The RX731 isn't quite comparable as an old 2ch unit compared to an avr. I'd avoid Bose. Model numbers work so we can look up specs/manuals, pictures don't do that particularly.

A

angelaudio

Audiophyte
omg thank you so much for your reply!

I looked everywhere on the body of the wharfedales, but i couldn't see any model information (other than the diamond 9.CS ,9.5 and Zaldek) but here is a photo of those labels:

03b.jpg

Is it somewhere else? like do i need to pull something off to reveal it?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis