New member. RF7ii first major purchase??

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
If you're spending money on esoteric tubes these days, it because you want to, not because it's the best sound with "horn" loaded speakers.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
The bass was lacking,
How far were they from the walls? The bass will get more reinforcement as the speaker is moved closer to the wall (either back or side). FWIW, I generally think of Klipsch bass as being a little on the lean side, but also being tight, not a bad trade to my ear, I can go either way on that!

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
If you're spending money on esoteric tubes these days, it because you want to, not because it's the best sound with "horn" loaded speakers.
if you're spending money on anything hobby related it's because you so desire, wether it be tubes or SS. As for my tube / horn statement, it was just one example. There are many great sounding tube based systems out there.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thank you for the crossover and sub suggestion. I will be playing around with different amp and speakers pairings, as well as biamping. Any other insight, setting recommendations, etc would be greatly appreciated. I know these speakers are pretty efficient, but does anyone know or have an opinion of a wattage sweet spot, or if there is one. I’m going to keep my eyes open for a deal on a McIntosh amp. It would be great if I had an idea of what is “best” for these rf7s.
I doubt the playing around with different amps is going to do much unless you go with Mikado's suggestion of tubes (instead of solid state), which could be different audibly. Bi-amping is a waste of wire IMO, might try this article first before buying extra wire https://www.audioholics.com/frequent-questions/the-difference-between-biamping-vs-biwiring. I think these speakers are sensitive enough most any amp will work well, tho but somewhat depends on just how much damage to your hearing you want to do :)

J

Jspenrod

Audiophyte
are you constructing a 2 channel rig or multi / HT set up ?

while there will be plenty of 'boos' around here for what I'm about to suggest but here goes ........ tubes / valves, their euphoric means of amplification can sound intoxicating on highly efficient speakers. Would I recommend them for an HT set up, no, but worth a listen if your doing a music only 2 channel.
Currently using a Bose surround systems that is fine for my family room set up because my wife won't even let me turn that system up. I have these set up in my listening room for 2 channel audio now and gradually build a nice HT system for my future theatre room. Don't tell the wife though

M

Merkules2001

Audioholic
Those are my dream speakers. Congrats. You got the Caddy. I figured I would get rp280f and work up if I needed. The cherry is sharp. Almost like art, to me.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Currently using a Bose surround systems that is fine for my family room set up because my wife won't even let me turn that system up. I have these set up in my listening room for 2 channel audio now and gradually build a nice HT system for my future theatre room. Don't tell the wife though
Wow, my condolences with respect to the 'wife' , good luck with that one !

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis