New Member of the Family!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I’m a long time cat man. Sometimes they can be maddening... -ly cute!
Keep the relationship healthy... I might recommend moving the food dishes away from the gear. Food is a very important part of a predators life after all. That photo sums up her interest in those bright LEDs. Offer some high quality distraction and you shouldn’t have any problems... a couple good toys, a good scratching post, lots of love and play time to wear her down before her energy can become destructive.
It’s a fun show to check out in terms of understanding cats better... My Cat From Hell. Dude, Jackson Galaxy mainly spends time teaching people about cat mentality. Most seem to get it.
Have fun with your new little friend!

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Keep the relationship healthy... I might recommend moving the food dishes away from the gear. Food is a very important part of a predators life after all. That photo sums up her interest in those bright LEDs. Offer some high quality distraction and you shouldn’t have any problems... a couple good toys, a good scratching post, lots of love and play time to wear her down before her energy can become destructive.
It’s a fun show to check out in terms of understanding cats better... My Cat From Hell. Dude, Jackson Galaxy mainly spends time teaching people about cat mentality. Most seem to get it.
Yeah, that's a good show, and you are right, 9/10 times the problem is the owners and not the cats.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
When our dogs were puppies it took a little adjusting for them to get used to the system. Now they'll fall asleep when I'm jamming out, lol.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
The key thing to understand is... Cats are A$$holes. They just are. They want to cuddle and cuddle, then when they are done with it they attack instead of just walking away. Course, I have one cat that is a complete moron it's biggest a$$holery is an issue with hygiene. Course, moron cat is also so fat it fell off the balcony and damaged a lamp.

The other main A$$hole in our house is the cat that likes to stand with it's butthole 2 inches from my face. When she wants attention, I receive headbutts. When she is done, I receive new scars. It's like being married. She'll hide in the bedroom until I'm in bed then insists on standing on top of me.

But they are fun and curious and the one is friggin' ham snob. Only the cherrywood smoked ham will do. Nothing wakes you up more than making sandwiches while half asleep in the dark and have something furry rub up against your leg begging for ham scraps.

But the key point is they leave the audio equipment alone. Except the one has hopped into the cubby holding the center speaker. The moron is too fat to fit.

Oh, no spider plants where they can reach. It's halucinogenic to cats (think lighter LSD) and the addiction is real. Once we figured it out, we moved the plant on top of a tower speaker temporarily and the cat sat and stared at it while going through withdrawal. Thankfully, I was able to get the front speaker cover snapped back on as the cat attempted to get a fix. Now the plant hangs from the ceiling nowhere near anything the cat can launch from. Weird seeing the cat tripping major balls and not knowing from what. What did we do before Google?

Edit: Forgot to mention if you can't find the cat, set a box out in the middle of the room. The moron cat loves Costco shopping day. Pic is of the smart cat the one who like to shove Mr. Winky in my face.
ahole 1.jpg

G

Grant.M

Audioholic
Thanks for the advice Ryan! And already moved the food, it was a temp spot while we decided on a better place. My gf loves animal shows so we’ll check that out tonight! We’ve been taking turns playing with her this morning trying to tucker her out, she’s still going strong. Lol :)

G

Grant.M

Audioholic
When our dogs were puppies it took a little adjusting for them to get used to the system. Now they'll fall asleep when I'm jamming out, lol.
That’s awesome, hopefully she adapts well to it, I’m going to start it off a little more quiet than my usual.

G

Grant.M

Audioholic
The key thing to understand is... Cats are A$$holes. They just are. They want to cuddle and cuddle, then when they are done with it they attack instead of just walking away. Course, I have one cat that is a complete moron it's biggest a$$holery is an issue with hygiene. Course, moron cat is also so fat it fell off the balcony and damaged a lamp.

The other main A$$hole in our house is the cat that likes to stand with it's butthole 2 inches from my face. When she wants attention, I receive headbutts. When she is done, I receive new scars. It's like being married. She'll hide in the bedroom until I'm in bed then insists on standing on top of me.

But they are fun and curious and the one is friggin' ham snob. Only the cherrywood smoked ham will do. Nothing wakes you up more than making sandwiches while half asleep in the dark and have something furry rub up against your leg begging for ham scraps.

But the key point is they leave the audio equipment alone. Except the one has hopped into the cubby holding the center speaker. The moron is too fat to fit.

Oh, no spider plants where they can reach. It's halucinogenic to cats (think lighter LSD) and the addiction is real. Once we figured it out, we moved the plant on top of a tower speaker temporarily and the cat sat and stared at it while going through withdrawal. Thankfully, I was able to get the front speaker cover snapped back on as the cat attempted to get a fix. Now the plant hangs from the ceiling nowhere near anything the cat can launch from. Weird seeing the cat tripping major balls and not knowing from what. What did we do before Google?

Edit: Forgot to mention if you can't find the cat, set a box out in the middle of the room. The moron cat loves Costco shopping day. Pic is of the smart cat the one who like to shove Mr. Winky in my face.View attachment 30566
We had a couple cats growing up, the one in your tool bag looks like one of them. He would sit and wait for me or my younger brother to walk down the hallway and chase us down and attack us (claws and teeth), wasn’t a very nice cat! We also had couple cats that would like to get their heads stuck in tissue boxes and go crazy. I grew up with a cat that loved Cheetos, cheese, and lunch meat. I didn’t know about the spider plants, I’ll keep that in mind as we wanted to get some house plants to liven it up in here. And I feel you, thankfully the only cables she can get to are the ones running to the front speakers, everything else is wound up and strapped to the back of my entertainment center.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
None of our cats get human food. Once you get them interested, it’s all over. If they never get the taste, it’s as if it doesn’t exist. That’s not to say I’ll ever leave a steak out to temper, untended, ever again. But that’s the idea. ;)
Growing up, cats ate potato chips, Doritos, Cheetos, licked the ice cream bowl clean...
Frankly, worst thing you can ever do!
We live in the rural outskirts of a small town in wine country, and our four beast were all feral born. We fed their mom to see if she would adopt us. After the third litter in 1 yr, we got her fixed, and were adopted by two of the three generations of offspring. Of course, since they were born in the wild, we have to let them be indoor/outdoor. The plus side is they will not use a litter box (we still keep two jic!). The down side is they also are true predators.
Suffice it to say, gophers are juicy. They will kill roof rats, but won’t eat them. Meadow voles and field mice are cute AF, and now constitute the name “popcorn snack,” as they are gone in a bite or two. Birds though. My god, the birds. One brought in a turkey chick. One brought in a woodpecker. But there is nothing quite like cleaning that mess up; chasing feathers with the vacuum... or better is when they bring it in to the bed at night and let it loose. The Lady and I both hid under the covers until that ended. Nothing like an injured dart flying around in panic while the cat does it’s thing.
*smdh
But now they usually eat everything but a few specific organs. Oh. And the gopher teeth. Like flipping elephant tusks!
We’ve also never had healthier, more well adjusted cats in either of our lives!

Last edited:
G

Grant.M

Audioholic
None of our cats get human food. Once you get them interested, it’s all over. If they never get the taste, it’s as if it doesn’t exist. That’s not to say I’ll ever leave a steak out to temper, untended, ever again. But that’s the idea. ;)
Growing up, cats ate potato chips, Doritos, Cheetos, licked the ice cream bowl clean...
Frankly, worst thing you can ever do!
We live in the rural outskirts of a small town in wine country, and our four beast were all feral born. We fed their mom to see if she would adopt us. After the third litter in 1 yr, we got her fixed, and were adopted by two of the three generations of offspring. Of course, since they were born in the wild, we have to let them be indoor/outdoor. The plus side is they will not use a litter box (we still keep two jic!). The down side is they also are true predators.
Suffice it to say, gophers are juicy. They will kill roof rats, but won’t eat them. Meadow voles and field mice are cute AF, and now constitute the name “popcorn snack,” as they are gone in a bite or two. Birds though. My god, the birds. One brought in a turkey chick. One brought in a woodpecker. But there is nothing quite like cleaning that mess up; chasing feathers with the vacuum... or better is when they bring it in to the bed at night and let it loose. The Lady and I both hid under the covers until that ended. Nothing like an injured dart flying around in panic while the cat dies it’s thing.
*smdh
But now they usually eat everything but a few specific organs. Oh. And the gopher teeth. Like flipping elephant tusks!
We’ve also never had healthier, more well adjusted cats in either of our lives!
We had a neighborhood cat that we called Croaker because he couldn’t meow like normal. He was around for a few years and just disappeared one day. I agree with the people food, it’s no good for animals except maybe meat occasionally. And you gotta love it when the cats bring you gifts, especially when they’re still living lmao! Our cats would bring us lizards and small birds, usually half alive, and the messes were always fun to clean up (not)!

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Very allergic to cat dander here so I do prefer dogs out of necessity. That said I really do find cats interesting and these days living in a small 5th floor apt I don't have a dog. Just tropical fish. But that's another thread.
And fish wont mess with your stereo. :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm an animal lover and have had both. Cats are cool customers but you can't beat the unconditional love of a good dog.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I'm an animal lover and have had both. Cats are cool customers but you can't beat the unconditional love of a good dog.
So true. A good dog would go to war with you a cat not so much...

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Cats are cool but I’m definitely happier with 2 cats then I was when I had 3. That was too many. :)

My golden retriever is the real center of attention at my house though.

G

Grant.M

Audioholic
Very allergic to cat dander here so I do prefer dogs out of necessity. That said I really do find cats interesting and these days living in a small 5th floor apt I don't have a dog. Just tropical fish. But that's another thread.
And fish wont mess with your stereo. :)
My gf is slightly allergic as well but her allergies to cat dander have lessened the more time she’s spent around cats, don’t know how but they have. And very true! ;)

G

Grant.M

Audioholic
We did want a dog but since we’re renting and not home as much as we’d like we decided on a cat. She also likes small dogs, I prefer biga$$ dogs. I want an absolute unit to help me protect my home and belongings!

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Congrats. Hope this doesn't develop with the attraction to your gear....
Man, where did you find that photo? Lmao!! One of your best!!
You gotta admit cats are pretty cool. Untill they tear up something you like very much with them claws!! ;)

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
LMAO!! Cat from Hell! Lolo:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis