T

tparmer

Audioholic Intern
anyone out there quick enough to have experience with new *500 series receivers? I am getting ready to order SR7500 (pairing with DV7600) and just curious, thanks.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
We are lining up Marantz reviews and their new stuff looks nice. Stay tuned...

D

drunkonjack

Audiophyte
Love the Marantz stuff I have owned the 7200 and 8300 both excellent with HT and 2 channel music

Aarong

Enthusiast
I recently purchased a marantz 4500 receiver. I got it...just before Christmas I think, so almost two months ago? I'm very pleased with it so far. I'm a bit of a newbie with this stuff, and this was my first leap into buying serious a/v stuff.

I'm not sure how the 7500 rates, but if I had to list a con for the 4500 is that it doesn't have quite enough power. The 5500 has a more powerful amp as well as component video up-converting, so I find myself wishing I'd paid an extra 200 bucks for the 5500.

Marantz just recently revamped their website, so it's a lot more user-friendly now. You should be able to find plenty of specs on it.

I purchased my 4500 at a local specialty shop for $379.

Currently the Marantz is pushing a pair of Paradigm Titans, CC-170, and a pair of craptastic Sony surrounds. I'm happy with the Paradigm speakers and Marantz receiver, and I hope to be upgrading to some Paradigm ADP-170 surrounds soon. (can you say tax refund?)

T

tparmer

Audioholic Intern
more from tparmer....

Thanks for the replys. Gene, I am very pleased to hear that Marantz reviews are forthcoming as I have great respect for your review process and the thoroughness of the write-ups. Interestingly enough, the hifi shop I deal with is picking up Yamaha about the time I am to make my purchase. So, it will either be the RX-V2500/DVD-S2500 or Marantz SR7500/DV-7600 combo sourcing Focal-JM Lab 716 S, 706 S (center), 706 S sides and 705 rears. Undecided on Sub at this point. Room is 12wX22.3lx8h to 12.6 ft and then 7h as result fo riser for 2nd row of seating. Running fiber in ceiling tomorrow night for starry-sky!

Any reco's for sub or sources (Marantz v. Yamaha)? 35% music, 1/2 of that is multi-channel and 65% movies. Thanks. :rolleyes:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis