KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I am too used to the old "recent posts" and having trouble adapting.
For example I might read a post/thread on my phone while I am away from home.
I will decide to post a reply, but I want to cut and paste supporting information which is easier once I get home on the PC.
Is there a easy way to see recent posts without the ones I have read disappearing?

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I am too used to the old "recent posts" and having trouble adapting.
For example I might read a post/thread on my phone while I am away from home.
I will decide to post a reply, but I want to cut and paste supporting information which is easier once I get home on the PC.
Is there a easy way to see recent posts without the ones I have read disappearing?
See post 16

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
If he’s talking about how read vs unread display, I don’t have an answer for that.
No, I think he's referring to read vs unread post contrast is a bit too low in my and few other people opinions.
It's either the font or colors, but it's a bit harder to tell read thread or unread, if you select show all threads as default (same as old recent posts)

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
No, I think he's referring to read vs unread post contrast is a bit too low in my and few other people opinions.
It's either the font or colors, but it's a bit harder to tell read thread or unread, if you select show all threads as default (same as old recent posts)
Gotcha. Unfortunately that goes above my pay grade.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
It's like anything else... We will all get used to it, and people often dislike change on something they are used to seeing a certain way.
yep, that's me...techno challenged, thank God my Grandson has patience with me

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
as Groucho Marx would say, " A child of five would understand this. Someone go fetch a child of five" :p

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
It turns out clicking on the thread title takes you to the earliest unread post so I don't miss the button after all. I did see the "jump to new" button at the top of the thread after looking for it.

I'm not really crazy about the font for the forum and especially post titles. Maybe a size or two bigger would help. I haven't checked the user preferences yet to see if I can override anything.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
After using the “new” forum the auto-correction is a whole lot better. With the other had to proof read just about everything I posted. The “ old” forum I was informed by Steve81, that it would “correct” which from my end smartphone has its own autocorrect both give me fits. Well since the New site is up and running plus I just switched to a new IPhone typos and or autocorrect from both are down to a very minimal. I like the New changes with the Forum site.

Mike

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
On reflection, I think what I don't like about the font is that the bold doesn't look a ton more bold than the standard font. I can tell the difference but it used to be a lot more obvious.

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
@lovinthehd, I have to give credit where credit is due. The new forum has some sort of auto-correct spelling feature that apparently has a dry sense of humor. In THIS post, which you rated, the terms "sensitivity" and "Emotiva" were replaced with "sensitive" and "emotional" respectively, lending an overly sarcastic tone to the post, completely unintended. It did turn out kind of funny.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The site seems to load faster for me now and the pages scroll more smoothly. I don't think the look is that far different from the old style. Thumbs up from me.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
There is a weird glitch in this system!
When you use parentheses followed by a comma (like this), all spaces after the comma are deleted!
If I go to edit, the space still shows, but as soon as I "save" the post, the space(s) are deleted!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I miss the old sortable user stats. That was always a good time

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Is that what it is? I thought I had accidentally marked forums as read or something. Looks fine on mobile using chrome though. Weird.

Granted, chrome decided that today would be a good day to some odd things with fonts on a lot of sites so it could be a browser issue.

EDIT: Nope. Not chrome. Pi-hole decide google fonts needed to be blocked. That makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis