MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I like the new look, and the option of hiding the sidebar advertising. :p

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
New look forum firmware.

I liked the old look much more.
Me too. (FYI - it's not firmware, it's software. There's not a firm definition for firmware, but by industry convention firmware is for embedded devices.)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Is this "new" format the same as the old before we got all of our fancy buttons (agree, like, dislike, dumb, optimistic, etc)?

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Is this "new" format the same as the old before we got all of our fancy buttons (agree, like, dislike, dumb, optimistic, etc)?
If you roll your pointer over the Like button you'll see all of the other ratings.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
It's like anything else... We will all get used to it, and people often dislike change on something they are used to seeing a certain way.

I think it is just an upgrade of the old forum software. The forums use XenForo apparently, see the bottom of the forums page to see their tag. Since the look holds similar, I'm guessing it was just an upgrade to the old forum software.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I kinda like the look so far. Had me going with the hover over the like button thing, tho....

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
Does anyone know how to skip to the first unread message in a thread. The button never rendered in Chrome but I always could find it by moving my cursor to just before the title. I can't find it now.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Does anyone know how to skip to the first unread message in a thread. The button never rendered in Chrome but I always could find it by moving my cursor to just before the title. I can't find it now.
I see a jump to new button at the top of the thread...next to the unwatch button. Don't use chrome, tho.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Not YET a fan of the redesign, but one thing positive is now I could actually "like" the post on Tapatalk mobile software.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not YET a fan of the redesign, but one thing positive is now I could actually "like" the post on Tapatalk mobile software.
You mean if you like the post on Tapatalk it now actually shows up here on the regular site?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Seems the old way of hiding it in setup was better than this current way....

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
TIL: old "Recent posts" now called "What's new" and unfortunately it's not the default option :(

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Hi All;

As you noticed, we just did a significant overhaul of the forum. I'm sure there's some stuff that isn't quite right yet so if someone can volunteer putting a concise list of issues/improvements needed into one post, I will address them with our developer. Please also check the site on mobile and let me know any issues with that.

Perhaps the post can have 2 sections separating issues for mobile and desktop.

thanks.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I like some of the new things but I think seeing new/old posts is a lot harder now as they look so close the same.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis