new line of "mid level" Polk's??

J

johnner1999

Junior Audioholic
Polk Audio Reserve
anyone see these yet? Curious when they are targeted to ship -- the R700 towers look really nice.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Oof... $1K Each? That's going toe to toe with some other high end gear near the top point most consider the point of diminishing returns.
Hopefully Polk is labeling these properly at 4 Ohms, and they aren't dipping like their previous speakers where they get near 3 with horrible phase angles.
I guess we'll see when the reviews start to come out. :D

J

johnner1999

Junior Audioholic
Oof... $1K Each? That's going toe to toe with some other high end gear near the top point most consider the point of diminishing returns.
Hopefully Polk is labeling these properly at 4 Ohms, and they aren't dipping like their previous speakers where they get near 3 with horrible phase angles.
No doubt

but on paper they seem legit. And the photos look impressive.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Lets see how the (new) books compare to the 703s...who knows maybe I'll guinea pig it..then again.. I might wait a minute... ;)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
No doubt

but on paper they seem legit. And the photos look impressive.
Certainly. I can make a speaker that looks legit on paper. But look at the electrical behavior of the two previous Polks the LSiM and RTiAs: they were horrendous! Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Polk design some genuinely good speakers that are affordable by more people than their Legends are.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis