New HT System Block Diagram

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
HT Configuration.png
After finally completing my 4K upgrade I decided to geek out even further and craft up a sort of "schematic" of my setup. Not extremely complicated.. I keep only those external source devices I actually use often. Just wondering how many others here have done this? Not that this serves any real purpose for me (I know what things are connected where), but it's just fun to do and possibly share with those who appreciate stuff like this. And I know the fine folks here on AH certainly do. :)

Anyway, practically everything in my system has been replaced, and this is my current configuration. Just finished out the upgrade this past weekend with the purchase of the new Marantz AVR and am still fine tuning and tweaking it a bit here and there but overall everything looks and sounds amazing.

If you've similarly geeked out and created a schematic or block diagram of your setup, please share!

Cheers,

Rob

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Nope, never even thought of doing something like that. Pretty nice but I also share buck's question about the router and subwoofer. Also the Samsung One Connect box and more than one connection going on with the optical....but don't know what a One Connect box is otoh. Tuned in for more....

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
The router isn't connected to the subwoofer lol. It was intended to show it running behind where I had the block for the sub from receiver to router. I had a Cat6 ethernet connection I had run through my attic to the wall where my entertainment system is, so I chose to use that method of connecting the AVR instead of its built in wifi. :)

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Nope, never even thought of doing something like that. Pretty nice but I also share buck's question about the router and subwoofer. Also the Samsung One Connect box and more than one connection going on with the optical....but don't know what a One Connect box is otoh. Tuned in for more....
The One Connect box is Samsung's answer to cable management basically. It strips all the direct connections from the TV itself and you get this little box that has all your usual A/V connections (well, it really only has 4 HDMI inputs, one of which is ARC, a standard coax connection and an optical output). Then there's just one single cable you use to connect to the TV (aside from its power cable). It's very helpful for wall mounts like I have, when you're running cables through the wall; you only have to fish two cords up instead of half a dozen (for those who aren't using an AVR for video switching anyway). Samsung decided that including older connections such as composite, component, etc., weren't in high enough demand these days to include those. So, as you may have read in my other thread - had trouble getting ARC to work to return audio from the TV's streaming apps (Netflix, etc.) back to the AVR, so instead ran a optical cable out from the One Connect box to the AVR. It works and I'm able to bitstream full 5.1 back to the AVR for those apps. I may just decide to keep that connection and not even worry about ARC. It's working fine just like it is. :)

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
...you're looking organized and methodical.
LOL.. if only the actual wires behind my console looked half as neat as this diagram! :D One day I'll get behind there again with some zip ties and sticky anchor pads and tidy that mess of spaghetti up. But as they say, out of sight, out of mind..

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
LOL.. if only the actual wires behind my console looked half as neat as this diagram! :D One day I'll get behind there again with some zip ties and sticky anchor pads and tidy that mess of spaghetti up. But as they say, out of sight, out of mind..
sometimes the diagrams provide the illusion of control we all seek on our OCD days. :eek:

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Eh, you guys are right - it is confusing with that line running "behind" the sub. Here's what I meant. :)
HT Configuration.png

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis