New home theater Setup

Adityarsinghania

Adityarsinghania

Audiophyte
Hi to all,
I want to set up my new home theater.
following is the configuration what I am selecting:-
Sl.NoProduct DescriptionModel
1Ci4100QL-THX, THX Certified in-wall / in-ceiling speakers, 150W, 89dB, dimension (HxWxD) : 490x128x81mmCi4100QL-THX
2Ci160 QR Premium ceiling speakers for Dolby Atmos, 6 1/2 " dia, 75Hz-20kHz, 86dB, 100WCi160 QR
3HTS12 Subwoofer, Frequency 320 Hz To 225Hz, Crossover Frequency - Variable, 12'', 400 WHTS-12
4AVR-X3700H
9.2CH Integrated Network AV Receiver WITH BLUE TOOTH & wifi
•165 Watts x9 channels power Output •Analog/HDMI to HDMI 1.4 up to 4k upscaling, 3D pass-through with Denon app control • internet radio & airplay, Dolby true HD/DTS HD Master audio
• Dimension (WxHxD): 434x195x423 mm • Weight: 17.5 Kg
AVR-X3700H

Please guide me is this correct configuration for AV receiver and Speakers. Room Size is 13 feet width and 10.7 feet length and 8.6 feet roof height

Attachments

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Hi to all,
I want to set up my new home theater.
following is the configuration what I am selecting:-
Sl.NoProduct DescriptionModel
1Ci4100QL-THX, THX Certified in-wall / in-ceiling speakers, 150W, 89dB, dimension (HxWxD) : 490x128x81mmCi4100QL-THX
2Ci160 QR Premium ceiling speakers for Dolby Atmos, 6 1/2 " dia, 75Hz-20kHz, 86dB, 100WCi160 QR
3HTS12 Subwoofer, Frequency 320 Hz To 225Hz, Crossover Frequency - Variable, 12'', 400 WHTS-12
4AVR-X3700H
9.2CH Integrated Network AV Receiver WITH BLUE TOOTH & wifi
•165 Watts x9 channels power Output •Analog/HDMI to HDMI 1.4 up to 4k upscaling, 3D pass-through with Denon app control • internet radio & airplay, Dolby true HD/DTS HD Master audio
• Dimension (WxHxD): 434x195x423 mm • Weight: 17.5 Kg
AVR-X3700H

Please guide me is this correct configuration for AV receiver and Speakers. Room Size is 13 feet width and 10.7 feet length and 8.6 feet roof height
Those KEF speakers are nice. Keep in mind they are 4ohm. So they will need some extra wattage to make them sound good. Your AVR choice is good, but keep in my you won't be getting 165w x 9. The more speakers you add the more that number significantly drops. If you don't listen at loud levels it won't be an issue, but if you crank your volume you will start to hear some things. AVR's are not that great at handling 4ohm loads at high volumes.

Just things to keep in mind. But good setup so far.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Alright... what is the display to go with it? For in-wall speakers, those Kefs are a nice way to go. Much better than the typical for sure.

Adityarsinghania

Adityarsinghania

Audiophyte
Alright... what is the display to go with it? For in-wall speakers, those Kefs are a nice way to go. Much better than the typical for sure.
Samsung 75 inch display 4k Led

Adityarsinghania

Adityarsinghania

Audiophyte
Those KEF speakers are nice. Keep in mind they are 4ohm. So they will need some extra wattage to make them sound good. Your AVR choice is good, but keep in my you won't be getting 165w x 9. The more speakers you add the more that number significantly drops. If you don't listen to loud levels it won't be an issue, but if you crank your volume you will start to hear some things. AVR's are not that great at handling 4ohm loads at high volumes.

Just things to keep in mind. But good setup so far.
My Profesional audio guy is saying to set up surround sound speakers on the ceiling. I am not sure how they will sound. his point is as I don't have a proper wall back wall is glass wall and the right side is open. kindly guide me if i should go with in-ceiling speakers for Surround Sound.

Adityarsinghania

Adityarsinghania

Audiophyte
My Profesional audio guy is saying to set up surround sound speakers on the ceiling. I am not sure how they will sound. his point is as I don't have a proper wall back wall is glass wall and the right side is open. kindly guide me if I should go with in-ceiling speakers for Surround Sound. I am also attaching drawing for the same which was provided by the Professional Audio Guy. Please guide me

Attachments

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
My Profesional audio guy is saying to set up surround sound speakers on the ceiling. I am not sure how they will sound. his point is as I don't have a proper wall back wall is glass wall and the right side is open. kindly guide me if i should go with in-ceiling speakers for Surround Sound.
Yes, go with ceiling speakers if you can't install behind you or to the sides of you. Ceiling will work just fine in your situation. If you can, you should do your entire room with the same KEF's you're using as your LCR. I would suggest picking up an external amp to power them instead of your AVR doing all the heavy lifting. Outlaw 5000 is a great amp and very reasonably priced. You can find used ones for under $500.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
So based on the second diagram I am confused. It looks like your av guy is planning to install four IC surrounds PLUS two Atmos height speakers?

Atmos will NOT work if all speakers are in the ceiling. So, if In ceiling is your only choice, stick with 5.1. Also, why is there a pair of surrounds in front of the couch?
Definitely consider other subwoofer options than the Polk hts 12. There’s much better out there.

The AV guy should know better than putting all 6 surround/Atmos speakers in the ceiling, AND put a pair half way across the ceiling well in front of the couch. Seems like a money grab...

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

The speakers under the big red Xms should not be there. There is no protocol for a speaker in that location.
$$$
The four speakers circled in green should not be located this way either. Atmos needs to have a height layer, and a base layer meaning speakers at, or on the ceiling, and speakers at or near ear height. When all of them are on the same plane, it does NOT work. So imo, the AV guy is either not familiar with Atmos, or just looking for money.
Here’s some good information.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General

The speakers under the big red Xms should not be there. There is no protocol for a speaker in that location.
$$$
The four speakers circled in green should not be located this way either. Atmos needs to have a height layer, and a base layer meaning speakers at, or on the ceiling, and speakers at or near ear height. When all of them are on the same plane, it does NOT work. So imo, the AV guy is either not familiar with Atmos, or just looking for money.
Here’s some good information.

If he is able to stick those larger speakers into the side walls where those big dark grey blocks are. I'm assuming those are walls. Those would work fine there. Then he can keep his two atmos speakers where they are.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
If he is able to stick those larger speakers into the side walls where those big dark grey blocks are. I'm assuming those are walls. Those would work fine there. Then he can keep his two atmos speakers where they are.
Agreed. But the front elevation image only shows LCR so...
The way I read it was they are ALL IC.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Also, why the pair of “surround”speakers half the distance from the front of the room? Nonsensical.
It’s also possible I misunderstood the whole thing...

Last edited:
Adityarsinghania

Adityarsinghania

Audiophyte
Agreed. But the front elevation image only shows LCR so...
The way I read it was they are ALL IC.
Thanks, Sir for your input front are LCR and the audio guy said he will be using all same IC Kef speakers CI4100ql. if I install 2 speakers on my SL and SR marked in black color then my system will be 5.2, front 3, and rear 2 and 2 subs. Is there any possibility to use 7 channel. if yes could you help me in that configuration?
front L C R
Side SL SR
and on the roof do I need to install 2 Atmos.
or I can install 2 KEF CI4100QL in the roof.
Please guide

Adityarsinghania

Adityarsinghania

Audiophyte
Thanks, Sir for your input front are LCR and the audio guy said he will be using all same IC Kef speakers CI4100ql. if I install 2 speakers on my SL and SR marked in black color then my system will be 5.2, front 3, and rear 2 and 2 subs. Is there any possibility to use 7 channel. if yes could you help me in that configuration?
front L C R
Side SL SR
and on the roof do I need to install 2 Atmos.
or I can install 2 KEF CI4100QL in the roof.
Please guide

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis