New home planning for 9 seats in new theater room

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Well guys, thanks for your input and I do acknowledge the dimensions of the room are too compact for the ideal situation and most people probably wouldn't want to sacrifice to find the happy medium between what is ideal and what I want to do. After some more research on speaker setups and the capabilities of my receiver I think I am going to pursue the Auro 3D setup for my sound, I will be able to spread my upper level speakers out to encompass more of the seating area for a better 3d sound throughout the entire seating area. The prime seat will still be the sweet spot. So I'm not sure if it was indicated before but I am putting in risers 8" for the second row and 16" for the 3rd row. All seats are electric reclining theater seats and currently occupying the area we are gonna be working with so I know I have plenty of room for the seating. I know I will be compromising on the sound just looking for the best options.
How high are the backs of the seating you bought? The seating maybe fine with the length and width of the room, but 8" risers seems way too low for 3 rows of seating that are going to be that close together.

P

Poorboy67

Enthusiast
Well guys, you have seen the drawings. I put everything together in real life to test my wiring and to get a good feel for the room before I actually finish it off. Some pics for your critique or observations. Things are working just the way I had intended. I still have to hang my height speakers and I have a bad RCA cable I need to replace for.my front sub but it is coming together.

Attachments

P

Poorboy67

Enthusiast
Just wanted to share my progress, I went ahead and upgraded my receiver to an X6700H, running all Polk Audio in-wall speakers except for the surrounds which are Polk FXiA6's and the height channels which are Polk Atrium 6's. Waiting for the final touch on construction which is the installation of carpet. The sound so far is amazing as it stands but I think can only improve with the install of the carpet.
Screenshot_20220317-114750_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220317-114824_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
P

Poorboy67

Enthusiast
While I haven't settled on my final setup for what I want to do with subs current usage is an older JBL ES250PB on channel 1 in the front and a Klipsch synergy Sub-10 on channel 2 in the rear and considering adding my Polk PWS505 to channel 2 with a splitter and placing next to the 2nd row. Still playing with sub locations but can't really get a true feeling for what I want until the carpet is in. To be honest the JBL and Klipsch are enough to drive you right out of the room as it stands but I think I can actually turn the gain back on all the subs and add the 3rd one for a more even sound over all. Ultimately I would like to go with an in wall or in floor solution but for now these will serve the purpose....

jinjuku

jinjuku

To be honest the JBL and Klipsch are enough to drive you right out of the room as it stands but I think I can actually turn the gain back on all the subs and add the 3rd one for a more even sound over all. Ultimately I would like to go with an in wall or in floor solution but for now these will serve the purpose....
I was kind of leaning that way earlier when I thought you were being recommended too much sub.

Your setup looks great.

P

Poorboy67

Enthusiast
FYI for the guys that stated my room was absolutely to small for this and for the guys that are dealing with height and width restrictions, you can over come these issues. The bi-pole speakers I used really make a difference because they are not pointed directly at the MLP you can sit right next to them and still hear the opposite side and get a great surround effect. All the other speakers are pointed directly at the main listening position but proper angles and the added flexibility with Audyssey MultEQ-X which was extremely accurate in measuring my distances gives me a very good result in every listening position. Because of low ceiling height I had to pushed my height speakers off the front wall about 4.5 ft to get the separation to fill the gap which put them just in front of the front row and being able to angle the speakers at the MLP the front row gets a nice result as well. The rear heights are pulled forward off the wall just a touch more than a foot, still behind the back row of seating which is about 20" off the wall angled at the MLP. The models showed the minimum angle for the height speakers should be 22 degrees I am right at 20* at my MLP the center seat in the room. I tried to take everything into consideration and the sacrifices I made to expand the sound bubble to the entire seating area and I am completely satisfied. I have shown several people the results and sat them down in the room to see and listen to my system and they have been blown away with the results. Also if you haven't played with Auro-3D I recommend giving it a whirl. :)

Attachments

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis