New home cinema setup assistance

R

Ravipe

Audiophyte
Hi there. I'm building a new home cinema system and would appreciate your input during this process. My TV is a LG E9 65", receiver is a Denon x1600h with 2x floorstanding Q Acoustics 3050i, 2x Q Acoustics 3020i with pedestals and 1x subwoofer Q Acoustics 3070s. The room size is 4.89m x 3.69m and speakers positioning will be at the red marks in the picture. Any recommendations on cables models and lengths and speaker positioning are welcomed. Also please igonore the layout of furniture on the image.
IMG-20191112-WA0008.jpg

Attachments

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Hi there. I'm building a new home cinema system and would appreciate your input during this process. My TV is a LG E9 65", receiver is a Denon x1600h with 2x floorstanding Q Acoustics 3050i, 2x Q Acoustics 3020i with pedestals and 1x subwoofer Q Acoustics 3070s. The room size is 4.89m x 3.69m and speakers positioning will be at the red marks in the picture. Any recommendations on cables models and lengths and speaker positioning are welcomed. Also please igonore the layout of furniture on the image.View attachment 32310

Welcome!

You will want a center channel speaker, and if budget is an issue, you will want it MORE than a subwoofer. The majority of the sounds in any surround sound application, come from the center speaker.

Buy appropriate gauge bulk cable and terminate yourself. It's so easy, just time consuming!

R

Ravipe

Audiophyte
Welcome!

You will want a center channel speaker, and if budget is an issue, you will want it MORE than a subwoofer. The majority of the sounds in any surround sound application, come from the center speaker.

Buy appropriate gauge bulk cable and terminate yourself. It's so easy, just time consuming!
Hi there, and thank you for replying. I've actually forgotten to mention the center speaker. It's a Q Acoustics 3090c.

Would a 14awg from Monoprice be a good option for the length of the room?

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
Hi there, and thank you for replying. I've actually forgotten to mention the center speaker. It's a Q Acoustics 3090c.

Would a 14awg from Monoprice be a good option for the length of the room?
Yes!

If you are badassing it go 12 AWG on the mains and centre :p

R

Ravipe

Audiophyte
Yes!

If you are badassing it go 12 AWG on the mains and centre :p
Haha not sure if my neighbours would appreciate that. But happy to go with 12awg if it's a good match between my speakers and receiver. Most of my research pointed to a 14awg.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
14 awg is usually fine but by the time you have 5 speakers and a sub in your room, a little overkill is probably in your nature so why not go with 12! Lol.

R

Ravipe

Audiophyte
I'm pretty sure that a 5.1 (eventually a 5.1.2) is already overkill for the size of my living room but I really wanted to ditch my old soundbar.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis