New from Stereo Integrity: HT-18 v3

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Damn! I can’t believe it’s only $189.99.
(sorry, mind is still in avs thread)
Looks pretty damn good for that price too. Of course I’d expect no less from SI.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yikes, this forum would look like the Milky Way under a black light.;)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Oh wow... just saw that SI is also covering shipping on these. So pre-order at 189.99 ea, shipped!

Gotta say, this looks a helluva lot better than the Dayton UM18 Ultimax. Might not push as low, but conversation looks like it may outperform them in every other metric, and you can get 2 for the price of that Ultimax!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I saw SI's info on this in their FB group a few days ago....was tempted but haven't used all my V.1s :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I saw SI's info on this in their FB group a few days ago....was tempted but haven't used all my V.1s :)
What you talkin'bout!!! haven't used all... :eek:

For shame.

:p

Seems like the v2s would've been a really great buy, too. They had a lower Fs than the v1 and the v3.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just wanted to rattle you a little. :p
More scratched my head with a whut? :) Yes still procrastinating, haven't used the last two drivers in that dual opposed box I'll get around to some day, or will it be a pair of ported? Decisions and procrastination. Altho the other three have been quite sufficient so far, too....

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Some extra information that wasn't on the website:
Confirmed that these do not have shorting rings.
They have Dual 2 Ohm Voice Coils.
Recommended XO is 80Hz or below.

Unlike the SQL 15s I am getting ready to play with, and which can handle GOBS more POWER than advertised...
The HT-18 v3 is 750w with 1500 peak. Nick said these are not going to hold up in the same manner as the SQLs and said the 750/1500 is a good figure. Pushing beyond could lead to thermal failure.

In all, these are absolute performance and value monsters. They will be capable of playing low and loud. Nick even said these could easily be driven from an NX3000 Amp.

Super tempting. ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis