New equipement ... old guy ... OUPS ?!?

J

JBobinette

Audiophyte
New Denon AVR-S960H, new Epson Home Cinema 5050UB projector, new Apple TV+ 4K and the regular lot of DVD, cable provider, etc ..
Why can't I get Apple TV through the Denon AVR to the projector ?? The cable provider and DVD work fine !

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
New Denon AVR-S960H, new Epson Home Cinema 5050UB projector, new Apple TV+ 4K and the regular lot of DVD, cable provider, etc ..
Why can't I get Apple TV through the Denon AVR to the projector ?? The cable provider and DVD work fine !
Did you plug Apple TV into “media player” hdmi?

J

JBobinette

Audiophyte
Yes, Apple TV in media player with HDMI high speed version 1.4, 17.8Gbps. Denon receiver plugged into projector with HDMI ultra high speed version 2.1, 48Gbps. Tried both HDMI OUT on receiver and turned everything OFF when changing the cable.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Yes, Apple TV in media player with HDMI high speed version 1.4, 17.8Gbps. Denon receiver plugged into projector with HDMI ultra high speed version 2.1, 48Gbps. Tried both HDMI OUT on receiver and turned everything OFF when changing the cable.
So everything else is working fine? except the Media output? Did you try and switch apple TV to a different HDMI output? maybe that HDMI port is bad?

J

JBobinette

Audiophyte
Switching HDMI port did not correct my problem. Worst, the Samsung BD isn't working anymore ... will have to try the PlayStation ! Videotron is my cable provider, got this 4K capable Samsung cable box last year: it's 1080 signal is excellent ! Have not yet rented a 4K show. I'm rereading the owner manuals very closely and waiting for 8K 48Gbps version 2.1 HDMI cables (delivery in March). Why does the cable box work (with 17.8Gbps HDMI) and nothing else ? My new system is very similar to the old one ; Epson Home Cinema 5020UB for the 5050UB model, old Denon for new ... Any other ideas ???

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Switching HDMI port did not correct my problem. Worst, the Samsung BD isn't working anymore ... will have to try the PlayStation ! Videotron is my cable provider, got this 4K capable Samsung cable box last year: it's 1080 signal is excellent ! Have not yet rented a 4K show. I'm rereading the owner manuals very closely and waiting for 8K 48Gbps version 2.1 HDMI cables (delivery in March). Why does the cable box work (with 17.8Gbps HDMI) and nothing else ? My new system is very similar to the old one ; Epson Home Cinema 5020UB for the 5050UB model, old Denon for new ... Any other ideas ???
I would return the AVR and either get a replacement or spend a little more for a better model. You don't need HDMI 2.1 for anything you're running. Your projector is not doing 4k 120hz. HDMI 2.0 will be plenty. Samsung Blu ray players are junk. I would replace it with a sony or Panasonic. Way better quality.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Have you tried plugging any of the devices directly into the projector using the cable from the Denon to the projector? As was mentioned, a 48gbps cable is not necessary unless you plan to game in 4K @120hz. I do not believe your projector is capable of those rates. I notice you mentioned HDMI 1.4 cables. Those will not cut it and it may be the reason for the handshake issues. You need at least HDMI 2.0 premium certified 18gbps cables. They should be set by default, but check the 4K mode in the Denon and the Epson. Make sure they are set to enhanced.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis