New EMP speaker grills

caleb2001r

caleb2001r

Junior Audioholic
Anyone know if you can buy the EMP speaker grills separately? Mine just got knocked off it's stand, and two of the grill "nipples" that connect it to the bookshelf speaker broke off.

It's so hard to stay calm when these things are brand new. There was also a little bit of enclosure damage to one corner, but it's very minor. Still pisses me off.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
That would be stressing! I don't know, but I recommend e-mailing or calling EMP and asking them. I'd bet that you can buy those grills by themselves.

Can you fix them, with glue perhaps? I ask because when the grills are attached, you probably won't be able to see the area that you fixed.

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Try calling them up on the phone because on my B&W towers i broke off one of my grill nipples, they sent me a pack of replacement nipples for free. Great customer service by the way. Im not sure about the EMPs but most nipples unscrew because this is a common problem.

Just be very careful if they do unscrew & if you try to tap the broken one out. When i was working on mine, my hand slipped and my tapping bit went right through the grill itself!!...Talk about your heart sinking out your butt!!Otherwise if you cant replace the nipples themselves they most likely will sell you the grill seperate.

Hope you get it figured out, I know it can be a big bummer when new stuff gets messed up even if its very minor.

"The first scratch hurts the most, just dont let it happen again!" :)

caleb2001r

caleb2001r

Junior Audioholic
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to try and superglue the grill to the nipple that still stuck in the speaker. It should attach pretty nicely since the break was clean.

I'll call EMP regardless and see what they have to say. You're right; the first scratch does hurt the most! :(

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Gosh darn it.....I hate it when my nipples get chipped. :)

In all seriousness as they are an internet direct company that actually manufactures the speakers I'm sure they would provide you a new grill.

R

RPinney

Enthusiast
By the way...how do you like your EMP speakers? Is it the Impressions?

caleb2001r

caleb2001r

Junior Audioholic
By the way...how do you like your EMP speakers? Is it the Impressions?
Yep, I got the Impression line. It's my first serious speaker set and I love them. I'm still working to get my rears installed (I only went 5.1), but for now I run to speaker stands and have a wire tucked away behind my entertainment center (ghetto, I know).

It lets me test though - but I need to find some help to get them wired. Oddly enough, well I don't know if this is normal, but the 10" subwoofer took a little time to warm up. At first I couldn't hear any bass at all, but once I threw a few movies on it loosened up.

On a side note, the superglue fixed the nipples for now. Looks like I'll roll with them glued together for now.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis