Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#8D38C9'>Holy Cow! Check out this link to a Denon press release concerning the new AVR-3805!Denon</font>

M

mwc

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>I wonder when it will hit the stores. I find it odd that the microphone for the auto EQ is optional.

I knew it was only a matter of time before other manufactures followed Yamaha's lead. I bet Denon will sell a ton of these.</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
G

<font color='#000000'>Is there any news to do with updating the 4802r with some of theses same features included in the 3805? I was just about to purchase the 4802r but thanks to this forum I will wait for the new stuff. I will just have to use my 3600 a little longer.</font>

P

petermwilson

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Hi,
I'm in the same boat with many of you. I've already gone through one upgrade of my 5800 which provided some useful stuff. &nbsp;

I hope most of the latest toys are on a disc because aside from Denon link issues it can probably be handled in software. &nbsp;
I wonder if it would be a software upgrade to the remote then from the remote to the unit. &nbsp;Anyway this latest news tells us they haven't re-invented the lightbulb.

I can see selling mics with new uniits, but if your unit is already calibrated, whats the attraction?

Yamaha I think has 51 true DSP modes which can be tweaked to 70 something I think and Denon is adding some so it's going to be the battle of the dsp modes.

I'm glad Gene has the 5803 in one of the audition rooms so he can tell us first hand if the upgrades are worth the effort.

Peter m.
PS: Rob, thanks for the link</font>

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#8D38C9'>You're welcome, petermwilson. &nbsp;Yeah, looks like a cool model. &nbsp;I'm anxious to see if there's a 4805 in the works, too. &nbsp;The main thing that's got me interested is the Denon Link 3- since you wouldn't expect many people to use a $2000 DVD player with a $1k reciever, my guess is we'll see an update to the next version of the DVD-2900 adding full digital output (which, incidentally, is why I bought a '2200 instead of spending the extra cash for the '2900...).

Aside from PLIIx, I couldn't care less about any of the DSP modes from any company; they're almost all crap, IMOHO. &nbsp;I do like Denon's &quot;Matrix&quot; mode on some music, and I love PLII for a lot of music, plus it rocks for regular TV programming.

I might have to go to the local Denon dealer today and see if they can tell me when they'll have the new models. &nbsp;Probably can't though- most of the time I'm better informed about that stuff than they are.:glare:</font>

P

petermwilson

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Hi
Actually Rob there's nothing there at the moment for me. &nbsp;I have a couple of mltidisc players, (dvd-a and sacd) taking up the 2 pairs of analogs on the 5800/03 so I've got 12 Hirez discs. &nbsp;My HTPC is connected to the reciever and WindowsMedia is a HDCD player and DolbyHeadphone from the last upgrade is awesome for latenite viewing.

Like you the DSP modes are marginal. &nbsp;I run 3 pairs of surrounds and more and more HDTV is coming on every day, alot with DD5.1. &nbsp;
I just wish CBS would take the microphone away from the ground at center field during football games. &nbsp;The Kickoff sounds like a CANNON GOING OFF. HeHe!!

I've never heard a signal through the Denon Link and I'm sure it's great but it can't be that much greater than the analogs, and lets face it, I've already bought the cables.

I am however checking the mail daily for my free upgrade disc.

Peter m.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis