H

Hickman

Audioholic Intern
Two questions using front L C R speaker with four ceiling speakers and two subs,I’m not receiving sound out of my back ceiling speakers is it because I don’t have surround sound speakers? (Pre Amp setup used)....outlaw 5000 trigger connections not working plugged its plugged in right mono cord etc...is there a set up in the menu I have to turn on ? Thank-You!

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
1. Verify the front height pre-outs are connected to the appropriate amp.
2. Verify rear height pre-outs are connected to appropriate amp/speakers.

If 1 and 2 are true. Re-run Audyssey and verify all of the height speakers are receiving a test tone during the process. For this to happen, obviously the amps will need to be on.

Once that is complete both rear and front heights will play. Use the Auro-3D setting to enjoy a new experience.

Last edited:
H

Hickman

Audioholic Intern

If 1 and 2 are true. Re-run Audyssey and verify all of the height speakers are receiving a test tone during the process. For this to happen, obviously the amps will need to be on.

Once that is complete both rear and front heights will play. Use the Auro-3D setting to enjoy a new experience.
awesome will try...my amp is running the front L C R speakers and my AVR is powering my ceiling speakers...when ai did the Audyssey set up it was pinging those speakers...height 1 and 2 being used.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
awesome will try...my amp is running the front L C R speakers and my AVR is powering my ceiling speakers...when ai did the Audyssey set up it was pinging those speakers...height 1 and 2 being used.
If you hear all height channels working during Audyssey setup they will also work when you select Auro-3D mode - even with Stereo sources.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
You could just try running test tones and skip the 20 minutes of odyssey

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
You could just try running test tones and skip the 20 minutes of odyssey
Yes. That is certainly another option. However, with the new 4700, if the rear heights are not playing it's usually a problem with the Audyssey setup configuration.

My 4700 had this problem before. It appeared to be an issue where simply going to the speaker setup and looking at one of the setup screens turned off certain speakers if the associated amp was off. Really crazy. I fixed it by reloading the Audyssey setup to the 4700 from the iPad.

I had never experienced the receiver making config changes on it's own based on whether an amp was off with the Denon 4500.

H

Hickman

Audioholic Intern

So I tried to set Auro-3D and it’s only listing 2-D..any clue why? Ty

H

Hickman

Audioholic Intern
sorry guys/gals I kinda feel like a rookie regarding this new technology...I’m also seeing PCM sound on my set app does this sound right?

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
So I tried to set Auro-3D and it’s only listing 2-D..any clue why? Ty
1. Are both front and rear height speakers connected and recognized in Denon amp assign?
2. Is 11.1 selected in amp assign?
3. Are you using the Music button on the remote to select the sound mode?

If the answer to one of these questions is "no" then Auro-3D will be greyed out. If only two height channels are active 2-D will be available.

H

Hickman

Audioholic Intern
I’m using 5.1 in the set up and then went to external amp assignment to hook up my fronts using my outlaw amp

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I’m using 5.1 in the set up and then went to external amp assignment to hook up my fronts using my outlaw amp
1. How many speakers do you have?
2. Are any of them connected to the Height 1 and Height 2 terminals on the Denon 4700?
3. Or are you using the Height 1 and Height 2 pre-outs to an external amp?

Auro-3D will not be available Without Height channels connected.

If you only have a 5.1 setup that would indicate no Height channels are connected which is why Auro-3D is not available.

H

Hickman

Audioholic Intern
So my main fronts using the Outlaw amp works great....my front and rear heights are going through my AVR ....no sound ....I did hook my rear height speakers directly into the amp and went back into manual setting and still no sound...so when I hit music or movie setting it’s showing 2 channel hook up but sound comes from the front ceiling and front channels and two subs...

H

Hickman

Audioholic Intern
1. Are both front and rear height speakers connected and recognized in Denon amp assign?
2. Is 11.1 selected in amp assign?
3. Are you using the Music button on the remote to select the sound mode?

If the answer to one of these questions is "no" then Auro-3D will be greyed out. If only two height channels are active 2-D will be available.
It only recognizes front ceiling...

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Is it possible to post a picture of the amp assign screen shown on the TV?

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
If you change the amp assign mode on the 4700, you also have to run Audyssey again to activate the speakers.

H

Hickman

Audioholic Intern
Oh maybe that my issues...let me work on that thanks...I ran Audyssey first then that was it...will let you know thanks.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis