new cars: '03 mercedes CLK240 and '05 Holden monaro

holden_stroker

holden_stroker

Junior Audioholic
hey we got a new car to add to the collection, the mercedes... pretty stock at the moment.. first up is to get a decent set of mags for it and wack an amg badge on the back :p

and one of my mates got another car as well. a holden monaro.. stock at the moment but hes putting the motor in it out of his other car, holden statesman. the motor being swapped is an ls1 thats been stroked to 408 and has a vortech blower hanging off it. pushing out just under 400rwkw. will get some pics over the next few weeks when we do the conversion ;)

jinjuku

jinjuku

Nice trailer hitch on the Monaro. Hauling the double wide at 130Kph? :D

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Just kidding about the AMG badge, right???...Right???

I love the LS1. Great motor. The blown and stroked motor should be simply awesome. I had a friend here with a 422 LS1 stroker w/nitrous in a Camaro. He ran about a 9.8 sec quarter on 867 rwhp (iirc) and was street legal.

canIscream

canIscream

Enthusiast
Nice whips. Definitely throw some mags on the benz. What does 400kw translate to in hp? 550 hp or so? That will be a bad *** blown V8.

holden_stroker

holden_stroker

Junior Audioholic
Nice trailer hitch on the Monaro. Hauling the double wide at 130Kph? :D
that wont last long - already taking the tongue out :p

Just kidding about the AMG badge, right???...Right???

I love the LS1. Great motor. The blown and stroked motor should be simply awesome. I had a friend here with a 422 LS1 stroker w/nitrous in a Camaro. He ran about a 9.8 sec quarter on 867 rwhp (iirc) and was street legal.
hehe i was thinking about the amg badge :p

...next upgrade will be an amg :cool:

yeah the motor really gets up and goes, should be better in the lighter statesman.

Nice whips. Definitely throw some mags on the benz. What does 400kw translate to in hp? 550 hp or so? That will be a bad *** blown V8.
yeah a set of clean mags would really set it off :) finding some pretty cool stuff with the merc, first one we've had :)

400rwkw is about 540rwkw. not bad really ;)

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
yeah the motor really gets up and goes, should be better in the lighter statesman.
Well, I really do like that motor. So much so that I just got myself an LS3 version, 430hp-424lb/ft. Mine will come wrapped in an '08 Corvette coupe and will arrive in about six weeks.

holden_stroker

holden_stroker

Junior Audioholic
Well, I really do like that motor. So much so that I just got myself an LS3 version, 430hp-424lb/ft. Mine will come wrapped in an '08 Corvette coupe and will arrive in about six weeks.
very nice!

havnt heard of the ls3?? is that something fairly new out there?

in my above quote i meant to say it should go better in the lighter MONARO, not statesman.

cheers.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
very nice!

Now that you mention it, the brochure does list the LS3 as being a new motor. It's a 6.2L version of the LS family architecture.

canIscream

canIscream

Enthusiast
very nice!

in my above quote i meant to say it should go better in the lighter MONARO, not statesman.

cheers.
it's the new corvette motor for 08. :eek:

holden_stroker

holden_stroker

Junior Audioholic
wow, sounds good, does the new motor use DOD? apparently our 6lt L98 engine over here (gen4) doesnt support it although the earlier 6lt L76 engine has teh hardware for it.. just gotta keep waiting but people want economy over here now, not power :(

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I see no mention of DOD anywhere. But it's still rated at 35MPG hwy (7.7L /100km). It's pretty efficient as it is.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
really? thats seems awfully low.. well, roughly the same as our figures i guess..

heres our averages for the latest VE commodore using the 3.6lt alloytec v6 and the l98 6lt gen4... :)

http://www.holden.com.au/pdf/chooseavehicle/techdata/GM_Holden_fuel_economy_VE.pdf
It's difficult to align two different ratings systems with unknown testing parameters or procedures, but it appears that the Corvette is relatively fuel economy conscious.

Corvette Estimated Fuel Economy
Mi. / imp.gal. (city / hwy / combined):
auto: 20 / 35 / 25
man: 22 / 37 / 27
L / 100 km (city / hwy / combined):
auto: 14.3 / 8.1 / 11.5
man: 12.9 / 7.7 / 10.6

Oh, and I would gladly take a Holden Grange, economy be damned.

Last edited:
holden_stroker

holden_stroker

Junior Audioholic
ah yeah i was comparing them to the 7.7 you listed earlier.

yeah the grange's are nice, that's what the pollies get and we pay for their fuel!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis