New Canton speakers coming to A4L (I think)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Even in black they're nice looking speakers. That combined with the measurements... I wouldn't mind owning these at all.

View attachment 30675

*Edit: I'm gonna go dust my speakers and make 'em look purty now...
These will make wonderful bedroom speakers! Compact, but the sound quality is great!

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
If you go to A4L's main page and scroll down, you get "New Arrivals" and they list a poop-ton :D of Canton speakers which are marked as "Sold Out! Notify me".
A4L has a sales agent who will buy a shipping container (or two) packed out with the speakers they think will sell well.
My best guess is A4L wanted to go ahead and get the information pages for these products on-line in preparation for their arrival.
Of note, much of the new Vento speakers have the titanium membrane woofer (it looks to be maybe taupe in color) that was previously exclusive to their A45 series.
There are several bookshelf speakers described as on-wall despite having rear ports and not having a trim profile. They have the same dimensions as the previous "bookshelf" speakers, so i don't know why they would be described as on-wall!
I also noticed that many of the more expensive models are now listed as "refurbished" whereas the previous models were all (that I saw) listed as "new".

https://www.accessories4less.com/
Got to love :Dhow the speaker cabinet curves! My paradigm sub 15 curves the same way.

Attachments

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Me too, I agree. Once again, just looking at these speakers makes me want to buy them.

I don't know why I keep clicking on these threads...
Mayhaps you're an (wait for it) "audioholic" ? :D

I know it's unhealthy for me to look at speakers, but you bet your ass I have the tower speaker listings at Audiogon and USAM bookmarked! I guess it's better than looking at girls all day while I'm at work...

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Nice! Are you running just an AVR to power it all?

I just ordered Chrono SL 556.2 center to use with my Vento 820.2 to make my 2.1 a 3.1 in the master bedroom. Only $425 at A4L.

It’s got the same ceramic tweeter and the drivers are the updated titanium coating but same 6in size as the 820.2 drivers. It’s rectangular not curved but hopefully will be almost like having a Vento center. :)

And not all Chrono SL models seem have the ceramic tweeters but this one does. Maybe because “.2”? Not sure. :)
Congrats with your new center!

I use a Denon AVR-X4200W to power my 5.2 system, and this works out fine in my small room of less that 1600 ft^3 and listening distance to front LR of 8.8 feet.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Congrats with your new center!

I use a Denon AVR-X4200W to power my 5.2 system, and this works out fine in my small room of less that 1600 ft^3 and listening distance to front LR of 8.8 feet.
Thanks!

So you jumped from 820 bookshelves (old Aluminum tweeter) to 886.2 towers but you already had dual subs? What was the experience like in that upgrade?

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
There one problem that's an overseas company. Service after the sale may be a issue? A4L only has a very limited return policy.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
There one problem that's an overseas company. Service after the sale may be a issue? A4L only has a very limited return policy.
Hey, Big Grip Money, who's oversea? :D

You thinking about those German speakers from Canton? :D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Not a chance, I wouldn't buy a speaker made by Germans.:D isn't that where Gremlins originated from? They some nasty lil things, after you feed them. :p:D

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Nice! Are you running just an AVR to power it all?

I just ordered Chrono SL 556.2 center to use with my Vento 820.2 to make my 2.1 a 3.1 in the master bedroom. Only $425 at A4L.

It’s got the same ceramic tweeter and the drivers are the updated titanium coating but same 6in size as the 820.2 drivers. It’s rectangular not curved but hopefully will be almost like having a Vento center. :)

And not all Chrono SL models seem have the ceramic tweeters but this one does. Maybe because “.2”? Not sure. :)

Ya I’m replying to myself. LOL :)

I ended up moving the 820.2 as mains in my theater room with the chrono center. This is currently 5.1 with Rythmik LVX12 sub and Def Tech Bipole SR9040 surrounds. (Haven’t installed RSL ceiling Atmos yet, ya I’m Lazy but will happen soon . ). :)

This is pretty sweet! I’ll need something else for my master bedroom 2.1 for bookshelves. LOL :)

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks!

So you jumped from 820 bookshelves (old Aluminum tweeter) to 886.2 towers but you already had dual subs? What was the experience like in that upgrade?
No, the 886.2 replaced the Vento 870.2 towers as the 820 has always been used as surround.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
No, the 886.2 replaced the Vento 870.2 towers as the 820 has always been used as surround.
I don’t have much room for surround speakers in my small theater room unless they are wall mounted. I did see the Vento 816 as a possible option though.

I definitely like the look of the Vento towers of course but trying not to spend too much right now.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I don’t have much room for surround speakers in my small theater room unless they are wall mounted. I did see the Vento 816 as a possible option though.

I definitely like the look of the Vento towers of course but trying not to spend too much right now.
The Vento 816 looks nice! In my room I must use bookshelves on stands as on my right there is a window and the left wall is too far away. I do wish I had more space behind me, though, for both my surrounds are behind me and close to the wall pointing at LP.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
The Vento 816 looks nice! In my room I must use bookshelves on stands as on my right there is a window and the left wall is too far away. I do wish I had more space behind me, though, for both my surrounds are behind me and close to the wall pointing at LP.
My doors and windows limit the symmetry for my surrounds so I definitely could experiment with 820.2 as a surround but don’t want to block my doors To be honest, the Atmos thing I need to research a bit. I have RSL ceiling speakers to install so RSL in walls are likely the smartest option for surround in my case.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
My doors and windows limit the symmetry for my surrounds so I definitely could experiment with 820.2 as a surround but don’t want to block my doors To be honest, the Atmos thing I need to research a bit. I have RSL ceiling speakers to install so RSL in walls are likely the smartest option for surround in my case.
Fortunately my surrounds does not block anything and are out of the way when moving around in the living room. Having speakers that could tip over when casually walking in/out of the room is not something I would be comfortable with.

My ceiling is concrete so in-wall ceiling speakers are out of the question and on-wall speakers would not pass the WAF test, at all. So, my Atmos is just on the base layer.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Fortunately my surrounds does not block anything and are out of the way when moving around in the living room. Having speakers that could tip over when casually walking in/out of the room is not something I would be comfortable with.

My ceiling is concrete so in-wall ceiling speakers are out of the question and on-wall speakers would not pass the WAF test, at all. So, my Atmos is just on the base layer.
I have door to patio, door to kitchen, door to bathroom, and door to garage. I can’t block those. LOL. :)

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I have door to patio, door to kitchen, door to bathroom, and door to garage. I can’t block those. LOL. :)
But there is always place for one more subwoofer :D

My wife was not happy with the second one I bought earlier this year, but it is out of sight, which helps a lot.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
But there is always place for one more subwoofer :D

My wife was not happy with the second one I bought earlier this year, but it is out of sight, which helps a lot.
My other room, living room has dual subs. One is the end table. Maybe my GF was expecting a single 15 but we got dual 12in subs. LOL. :)

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Since this setup was such a success for both music and movies, I decided to try the larger 836 Ventos.

Setup 5.1.4 will be:

Canton Vento 836 mains
Canton Chrono SL 556.2 center
Canton 969 In walls sides
RSL C34E in ceiling x4
Rythmik LVX12 sub (although my dual HSU VTF2 mk5 subs may relocate from my living room at least for comparison)

My 820.2 Ventos will go back to my bedroom 2.1 setup with my Rythmik L12 sealed sub.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis