isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
So much information to go on.
This looks more like a "click on all that show a speaker " captchas

M

Mr scott

Audioholic Intern
RUDE and what a way to welcome a newbie; if you're not interested in helping, STFU....no interest in helping, again, STFU. Thank You!

M

Mr scott

Audioholic Intern
The Class of 1974 in Pittsburgh? I graduated '75 from Upper St Clair! What a small world!!!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
RUDE and what a way to welcome a newbie; if you're not interested in helping, STFU....no interest in helping, again, STFU. Thank You!
Don't be rude back. It's just a trap.

And if you want help, we need more to go on, please.

That means, please, don't expect me to google your problem for you. :)

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I have no experience with this situation! A friend gave me the subwoofer years ago; had it connected with plain speaker wire (3). To connect to my new receiver, can someone please help?
You almost certainly can not connect it to your new receiver. Now receivers have line level out and not speaker level outs. So you can not connect that sub directly to your new receiver. You will need a power amp, and connect the sub out of the receiver to the RCA in of the power amp, and then connect the speaker terminals of the power amp to the speaker level inputs of the sub.

That sounds like an old passive sub though, and probably not worth bothering with. I guess your friend dumped it off with you, rather than the recycling center.

M

Mr scott

Audioholic Intern
First and foremast, antisocial (behavior) is much more serious than being silly and rudish; and I must have initially take sarcasm roo seriously . What do you need

M

Mr scott

Audioholic Intern
I was starting to get that idea as well! Some, friend! Now I don't know if you need this pic now....so just get a new subwoofer?
And I sincerely appreciate your help, what part of "the burgh"???

Attachments

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I was starting to get that idea as well! Some, friend! Now I don't know if you need this pic now....so just get a new subwoofer?
And I sincerely appreciate your help, what part of "the burgh"???
You can not use that sub with that receiver. It only has a line sub out and your sub does not have a line in, as it has no amp, and only speaker level inputs. You need a powered sub and NOT the one you have.

I do not understand your question in your last post. I'd like that translated please.

M

Mr scott

Audioholic Intern
Your profile says you're from Pittsburgh as am I. I get it now--it needs power. I'll recycle and start shopp'in! And here's an artistic allusion to your captcha ribbing:

IMG_9172.jpeg

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Your profile says you're from Pittsburgh as am I. I get it now--it needs power. I'll recycle and start shopp'in! And here's an artistic allusion to your captcha ribbing:

View attachment 69666
All you had to do is tell us the model of the sub and the model of the AVR.
You are only about the 5th new poster this week to ask for help with no useful info.
No one one Earth is going to recognize what sub you had from what I assume is pic of the only inputs your sub has.

The only thing your unneeded pics confirmed was the model of your AVR.
If that last pic was of an ancient sub, TLS Guy and the rest of us could tell you (and he did)...you need a new sub with an RCA line level LFE input.

What the hell was pic 1 supposed to be ?
You didn't check the "S-1" thingie either...so, that's not a speaker ?

M

Mr scott

Audioholic Intern
Okay. Thanks for your help. I'm on my way to listening to my cd collection again.
scott

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis