New AVR’s for 19-20.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Anyone know what the “boys and girls” may produce this year?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Whut? You saw that Sound United is purchasing Onkyo/Pioneer? Might be more a question of who may not produce what in coming years....

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
8K Video should be around the corner, right @Phase 2 ? :D
Most surely, it should be interesting to see if the AVR'S in the next year or two will incorporate 8K upscale. If so than my AVR or any for that matter will be outdated. I was hoping to buy Good4it A3080 at a good price, but now I may just hold up to see what's around the corner with AVR's since 8K is out now.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah saw that...but what about content?
Someone should wait for acceptable available content before spending on a TV set that can display that definition. As for TV programs broadcasted in 8K, I doubt that it will ever be a reality because of the increased costs.

How many 3D films or programs were shown by a TV channel? IMO, 8K definition is only good for screens of over 100 inch. Since the majority of TV owners can't afford screens that big, I doubt that the format will live long.

IMO, that 8K format will only be available strictly for theaters, big venues and public performances.

Last edited:
little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
There is barely any decent 4k broadcast on Direct TV. They like to advertise 4k, but truth is their selection is sorry.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Someone should wait for acceptable available content before spending on a TV set that can display that definition. As for TV programs broadcasted in 8K, I doubt that it will ever be a reality because of the increased costs.

How many 3D films or programs were shown by a TV channel? IMO, 8K definition is only good for screens of over 100 inch. Since the majority of TV owners can't afford screens that big, I doubt that the format will live long.
Just to be a contrarian I humbly submit 8K is now being broadcast in Japan.

NHK’s 8K (well it’s actually 7680 x 4320) broadcasts are now available on a daily basis on a special channel between the hours of 10 am and 10 pm. The picture quality of the broadcasts will be 16 x greater than that of HD, and audio will be delivered in 22.2 multi-channel. NHK will be broadcasting in frame rates of 59.94, 60 and 120P.​

I don't yet have a 4K TV, but just getting a good HD signal on more channels would be nice. Even on HBO there are obvious compression artefacts (banding, for instance) when I watch the last season of GoT :mad:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
No 8K contents on BD.

But Samsung has an 8K TV and JVC has an 8K-eShift NX9 Projector ($18K).

Even without 8K contents, it's for people to brag that they can upscale all their HD sources to 8K. :D

Not that anyone can see the difference between 8K and 4K. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis