New AV receiver help

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
FWIW I believe my 4520 (also an 11.1 processor) also with the pre-out mode in amp assign does that for all channels, i.e. only provide a pre-out signal and disconnects the amps....but never tested that!
I think so too, that all recent (including the 4520) Denon flag ship models have such feature but not for any other models including Marantz's.

AVUser001

AVUser001

Full Audioholic
I think so too, that all recent (including the 4520) Denon flag ship models have such feature but not for any other models including Marantz's.
@PENG , Think Marantz has it too. We tested that recently on my Marantz 7010 , didnt we ?

I had this speaker config and the FRONT amps got reassigned to the TOP channels, leaving the FRONT pre-outs to the PowerAmp. Whether I actually connected speakers to Top channels didnt matter, the amp reassignment was done by AVR.
1579189618197.png

1579189645176.png

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
@PENG , Think Marantz has it too. We tested that recently on my Marantz 7010 , didnt we ?

I had this speaker config and the FRONT amps got reassigned to the TOP channels, leaving the FRONT pre-outs to the PowerAmp. Whether I actually connected speakers to Top channels didnt matter, the amp reassignment was done by AVR.
@lovinthehd was talking about preamp mode, not the (Gene trick) that disconnects all channels, not just the front left and right. The 4520, 7200 and 8500 are the only models that can do it.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, they're gold plated. That why I went wit the 6011. When it dies I'm adding the input connectors to my collection of gold teeth, sell 'em all and retire.
Mo fugger, I got mo gol teef n you!!!

AVUser001

AVUser001

Full Audioholic
@lovinthehd was talking about preamp mode, not the (Gene trick) that disconnects all channels, not just the front left and right. The 4520, 7200 and 8500 are the only models that can do it.
Oh yeah, the true preamp mode. Right, I heard Gene mention 8500, not sure about others.., hopefully they expand that option to all upcoming models.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh yeah, the true preamp mode. Right, I heard Gene mention 8500, not sure about others.., hopefully they expand that option to all upcoming models.
It would increase cost by a few dollars..

P

pinifinina

Junior Audioholic
It would increase cost by a few dollars..
So just to confirm, the current Denon 8500, 6500 and 4500 can do pre amp mode for ALL channels and not just the front 2 channels? I thought it can only do front 2 channels? Can someone please confirm this?
Thanks

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
So just to confirm, the current Denon 8500, 6500 and 4500 can do pre amp mode for ALL channels and not just the front 2 channels? I thought it can only do front 2 channels? Can someone please confirm this?
Thanks
No it can only do two channels. Only the X8500H, X7200WA and 4520CI have the so called preamp mode. Whoever told you the 6500 and 4500 can do it was wrong.

Below is from the 4520CI's owner's manual:

1579214516505.png

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis