New Arcam 2022 8K AV Receivers w Dirac Live Bass and More...

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Arcam’s 2022 AV product lineup is here. Just above the entry-level AVR5 receiver introduced last year, we now have the AVR11 ($3,050), AVR21 ($4,700), and AVR31 ($6,900) receivers. All offer 8K video passthrough, Dirac Live room correction, and support for every audio format under the sun. The 16-channel AV41 processor ($5,250) offers balanced outputs for all channels.

arcam.jpg

Read: Arcam 2022 New 8K AV Receivers & Processor Overview

The AVR11, AVR21, AVR31, and AV41 are all shipping now from authorized Arcam dealers, such as Audio Advice in my home state of North Carolina. For more information, check out this informative video from the folks at Audio Advice.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Wow. Stunned that nobody has posted on this thread yet.
:(

As I look at this AV41 and the remainder of the "budget" Super-Processors...
Keep in mind that until further notice the Monolith HTP-1 is effectively DEAD.
Anything else remaining under $10K is the JBL Synthesis product, Anthem, and the woefully inept (I know of 1 (exactly) person happy with it) Emotiva RMC-1. :eek:
For the record, I have yet to see any review of the newer SDP-58 from JBL and cannot speak to its efficacy.

However, Monolith and Emotiva have shown that such a beast can exist in an affordable price point. It is, quite obviously, too early to tell what this Arcam "super-processor" can do with it's 16 channels and Dirac +Bass Control options.
Is the HDMI actually delivering on the full promise?
How are the DACs in comparison to what was considered the superior product from AKM?
How are the processing characteristics?

I know this introduction is far from an exceptional review, but it is exciting to be certain!

And for those waiting new AVRs that can deliver on the possibility of HDMI 2.1, wher is your curiosity. Last time I checked, Sound United-Masimo is MIA for two years running. Yamaha is still cleaning the bed-sheets they took a steamy dump on over a year ago...

And out of left field there is something... unexpected.

;)

Of course, maybe its the deprivation from any good audio content lately that's got me all hot and bothered. I own it. :p

I hope you, @gene, could maybe leverage a deal to get one of these AV-41s on the test bench and be first to put the details out on the street! We are hungry for some love! We miss you Gene. Please come back. :D

Last edited:
CreoleDC

CreoleDC

Junior Audioholic
Wow. Stunned that nobody has posted on this thread yet.
:(

As I look at this AV41 and the remainder of the "budget" Super-Processors...
Keep in mind that until further notice the Monolith HTP-1 is effectively DEAD.
Anything else remaining under $10K is the JBL Synthesis product and the woefully inept (I know of 1 (exactly) person happy with it) Emotiva RMC-1. :eek:
For the record, I have yet to see any review of the newer SDP-58 from JBL and cannot speak to its efficacy.

However, Monolith and Emotiva have shown that such a beast can exist in an affordable price point. It is, quite obviously, too early to tell what this Arcam "super-processor" can do with it's 16 channels and Dirac +Bass Control options.
Is the HDMI actually delivering on the full promise?
How are the DACs in comparison to what was considered the superior product from AKM?
How are the processing characteristics?

I know this introduction is far from an exceptional review, but it is exciting to be certain!

And for those waiting new AVRs that can deliver on the possibility of HDMI 2.1, wher is your curiosity. Last time I checked, Sound United-Masimo is MIA for two years running. Yamaha is still cleaning the bed-sheets they took a steamy dump on over a year ago...

And out of left field there is something... unexpected.

;)

Of course, maybe its the deprivation from any good audio content lately that's got me all hot and bothered. I own it. :p

I hope you, @gene, could maybe leverage a deal to get one of these AV-41s on the test bench and be first to put the details out on the street! We are hungry for some love! We miss you Gene. Please come back. :D
You know a lot about many things. Think I will start to follow you. You hungry? That Gene guy must be a nice guy. Bet he feeds a lot of people. I'm happy that you love that Gene fellow. You sure do miss him a lot I see, you left him a very nice comment. You think maybe he got held up on his way home from work. Sure hope that nice Gene fellow is ok. I wouldn't worry to much, but I could understand why it would make you all hot bothered about him being missing that long. After all he is a president and seems to know a lot more about audio than anyone else in this club. Guess that's why he is undisputed over here.

CreoleDC

CreoleDC

Junior Audioholic
"I'll take Ugly and Fully Functional for $500, Alex."
:p

Dunno 'bout all that, but... Thanks! :D I'll take it where I can get it, G. ;)
Me to, I don't know about all that. That why I started following you. My Grandpa always told me to never turn down a free meal or sandwich. Never know when you will get to eat again. I will take a sandwich where I can get it. I was told by a friend that there is this doordash driver where he will bring food to someone's door. I can call him order food I will pay for the food. Just send me a inbox chat with your address. Shouldn't take to long to get to where you live. Looks like that very nice Gene guy got held up. Bet he stop to help feed some homeless people with free food. That's what a great president would do. Hope I didn't upset you with my comment. If I did please forgive me I new too all this www. You know, come to think about it, I believe you and I ran into each other, once before, you sure sound like someone I know. I need to think about this some more. You do seem familiar though, I'm old, slow and can't move around like I use to. That's what I get for listening to much of that old rock and roll music. Let me ask you something, you may be younger than me, but I will give it my best shot. You ever heard of that old rock and band Pink Fiddler. Hope I spell they name right.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Me to, I don't know about all that. That why I started following you. My Grandpa always told me to never turn down a free meal or sandwich. Never know when you will get to eat again. I will take a sandwich where I can get it. I was told by a friend that there is this doordash driver where he will bring food to someone's door. I can call him order food I will pay for the food. Just send me a inbox chat with your address. Shouldn't take to long to get to where you live. Looks like that very nice Gene guy got held up. Bet he stop to help feed some homeless people with free food. That's what a great president would do. Hope I didn't upset you with my comment. If I did please forgive me I new too all this www. You know, come to think about it, I believe you and I ran into each other, once before, you sure sound like someone I know. I need to think about this some more. You do seem familiar though, I'm old, slow and can't move around like I use to. That's what I get for listening to much of that old rock and roll music. Let me ask you something, you may be younger than me, but I will give it my best shot. You ever heard of that old rock and band Pink Fiddler. Hope I spell they name right.
Funny thing... I was just talking to a new friend the other day about that band. He seemed like a nice guy and all. It was a good chat and I hope he appreciated what I was sharing with him. Know what I mean, G? ;)
The Sting - Nose Touch on Make a GIF

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
"I'll take Ugly and Fully Functional for $500, Alex."
:p

Dunno 'bout all that, but... Thanks! :D I'll take it where I can get it, G. ;)
There is no “Fully Functional” HDMI 2.1 device. Repeat. There is not a single device on the market that supports every single feature of the HDMI 2.1 spec. The new Arcams support 40gbps, not the full 48gbps of HDMI 2.1 spec. There are a few more missing features of the spec as well. That is some serious coin for devices that aren’t quite state of the art. I’m sure everything they do, they do very well. But, they don’t do it all and that is a lot to pay for “almost had it.”

M

MannidB

Audiophyte
Anything else remaining under $10K is the JBL Synthesis product and the woefully inept (I know of 1 (exactly) person happy with it) Emotiva RMC-1. :eek:
Is the AVM 70 left out intentionally here?

Timforhifi

Timforhifi

Full Audioholic
I own an avr10 and avr20 that I upgraded to hdmi 2.1. Was an easy upgrade and fast turnaround. For the first 6 months of owning my arcams they had some odd bugs, but knock on wood, no issues for awhile.
I really like the look of them as well, more modern looking, with higher end build quality.

so I heard something else today that’s interesting, the new denon 3800 has dirac? Can anyone confirm? I have some insider knowledge that this could be very true.

Attachments

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Funny thing... I was just talking to a new friend the other day about that band. He seemed like a nice guy and all. It was a good chat and I hope he appreciated what I was sharing with him. Know what I mean, G? ;)
I was so planning on getting on this thread. Super stoked actually just super busy at work but damn in reading this thread I'm confused you either got a weirdo stalker or a bot stalker. I'm not sure which. Or maybe I'm just missing an inside joke here? If so I apologize

CreoleDC

CreoleDC

Junior Audioholic
I was so planning on getting on this thread. Super stoked actually just super busy at work but damn in reading this thread I'm confused you either got a weirdo stalker or a bot stalker. I'm not sure which. Or maybe I'm just missing an inside joke here? If so I apologize
Think I'll start following you to. No need to apologize. We all make mistakes in life. Some more than other's. In the end that usually gets all worked out.

CreoleDC

CreoleDC

Junior Audioholic
I like that movie it's a old one like me. Many guys I have met seemed like a good guy. The one's that pretend to know it all that's the ones you got to watch out for. I just stay away from the douche and the dirtbags. Please do not confused douche that them women use with a douchebag. I like that new nickname G you give me. But I do know what you mean. Z? ;)

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Think I'll start following you to. No need to apologize. We all make mistakes in life. Some more than other's. In the end that usually gets all worked out.
I'm not apologizing. I don't know you. If you want to talk audio cool. Since you haven't said a single thing audio in this entire thread here I'm not cool with this conversation. I'm not cool with the tone of the conversation I was picking up on directed towards my friend Ryan. If I'm mistaken about that I will apologize for that. I'm not cool with you following me. Appreciate it if you wouldn't until we get to know each other a little better. Have some good audio conversations or just friendly conversations in general. Feel each other out a bit. Sound fair to you?

CreoleDC

CreoleDC

Junior Audioholic
I'm not apologizing. I don't know you. If you want to talk audio cool. Since you Mr. zilla haven't said a single thing audio in this entire thread here I'm not cool with this conversation. I'm not cool with the tone of the conversation I was picking up on directed towards my friend Ryan. If I'm mistaken about that I will apologize for that. I'm not cool with you following me. Appreciate it if you wouldn't until we get to know each other a little better. Have some good audio conversations or just friendly conversations in general. Feel each other out a bit. Sound fair to you?
I appreciate you telling me that. I unfollowed you. Just a mis-understanding. Please don't comment to me anymore. It hard enough to make good friends these days with everyone get upset. Mr.zilla31, my mistake I understood that better. Mr. Danzilla31,. Oh I see the confusion now

Screenshot_20220819-035530~3.png

weirdo,stalker,bot stalker. I could be confused too with all those names you calling out. Maybe just ask the right questions. Bet you get a different answer.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
so I heard something else today that’s interesting, the new denon 3800 has dirac? Can anyone confirm? I have some insider knowledge that this could be very true.
It has been talked about on forums (ASR, AH, etc.) regarding the Denon/Marantz new upper-end models getting DIRAC, but I don't think anything has been CONFIRMED.

That AVC-X3800 box does say "DIRAC". So that is promising. :D

This could be a huge game changer, confirming that more and more manufacturers are going to DIRAC for room correction.

Now if we can only get those stubborn old Yamaha engineers in Japan to also add DIRAC to their RX-AA4, A6, A8 and CX-A lineup, that will make choosing AVR/AVP a lot more simple. :D

Last edited:
CreoleDC

CreoleDC

Junior Audioholic
It has been talked about on forums (ASR, AH, etc.) regarding the Denon/Marantz new upper-end models getting DIRAC, but I don't think anything has been CONFIRMED.

That AVC-X3800 box does say "DIRAC". So that is promising. :D

This could be a huge game changer, confirming that more and more manufacturers are going to DIRAC for room correction.
There's this member just posted up he got his new Anthem 70 in today. Should be interesting if he starts his own thread on it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis