New and need advice!

A

Aust11n

Audiophyte
Hello all in advance I appreciate all the knowledge and advice to come!

I have recently purchased a pair of Martinlogan b1s and one c1. I also have a martinlogan dynamo 800x10 600w sealed sub coming in. The power unit I was suggested at Best Buy was a denon avr x1800h 80w 7.2 it was on sale price along with the sub. First question should I go ahead and return them and just get the b2s or will I not notice much of a sound difference. Are the b2s worth the extra 100 a piece. I’m just trying to get the best overall of the two. I will also be getting a pair of either the f1 or f2 soon down the road to complete the set so I just want to make sure I’m not messing up.
-So keep the b1s or go get the b2s
-Future purchase get the f1s or f2s
- is my power unit going to be enough to bring the best out of the speakers? They have a good sale on pioneer elite vsx lx 505 9.2 120watt for 900 and another sale on pioneer elite vsx lx105 7.2 100 watt for 500. I paid 600 for the denon. And it has a lower watt then both so I’m thinking it makes sense to go get more power but I need to know if these receivers are reliable and going to last me for years to come with the setup I want. Thanks again everyone and look forward to seeing what I should do

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I doubt you will hear a difference between the B1s and B2s, especially since you will be using a subwoofer. I wouldn't worry about it. As for reciever reliability, at this pricing, it's hard to say. Many people consider Yamaha to be the most reliable AVR manufacturer if reliability is your mian criteria.

K

kini

Full Audioholic
This is pretty much the same AVR for $200 less-

Also unless your room is small and/or the sub is very close to your listening position you might be better off putting any extra $$$ towards a better sub. Any of the RSL SpeedWoofer line would be much better.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis