New Age Electronics .........

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Has anyone heard of or had dealings with this outfit ? good, bad or indifferent ? where are they located ?

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Read their warranty page, mentions nothing about the manufacturer. Also they aren’t mentioned as authorized dealers by any of the brands they carry.

Here’s my favorite part:

“Typical turnaround time for warranty swaps (DOA or less than one month in use) is 10 days plus shipping time, and for warranty repairs the turnaround time is variable, dependent upon the actual problem, parts availability, backlog, etc.”

H

hawkins

Audiophyte
Their website claims this "Every single item that we sell is brand new, A-Stock merchandise. That means factory-sealed - not refurbished, not a demo and not a return. We purchase all our items through the authorized dealer network for each brand, so you get a full warranty at no additional cost."
I tried to chat with them yesterday at 4:45 PM CT. I asked them about NAD products as NAD's website's authorized dealers listing, local or online included, does not include new-age. There was no replay. They are in Mountain time and should have been around. Will try again today.

D

DrewBK

Audiophyte
Hey folks, I've used New-Age Electronics and so far so good, in fact, I left a voicemail for them asking about a refund as they were out of stock on an item and they called me back, quickly shipped out alternative equipment. I will add any negative feedback if it comes up (monitor Audio speakers).

As to Chinese knock offs, MA is now heavily manufactured in China, I'm sure that can raise speculation, but...

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
Has anyone heard of or had dealings with this outfit ? good, bad or indifferent ? where are they located ?

AVOID LIKE THE FCKING PLAGUE. To try and save a few bucks, my cheap ass ended up buying something defective from them and went to war with them for 2 months over a return. They are not authorized to sell sht (manufacturer will dump your warranty) and Joe Foster from NewAge is a fraudulent fck shiiiister

They had fraudulent statements on the product page that they were an authorized dealer (later removed to cover their ass). My credit card company saved me in the end

I suspect their business model is buying defective discarded units from certain manufacturers for dirt cheap, doing a "in house" fix and trying to resell it for a slight discount.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Read their warranty page, mentions nothing about the manufacturer. Also they aren’t mentioned as authorized dealers by any of the brands they carry.

Here’s my favorite part:

“Typical turnaround time for warranty swaps (DOA or less than one month in use) is 10 days plus shipping time, and for warranty repairs the turnaround time is variable, dependent upon the actual problem, parts availability, backlog, etc.”

It's likely that they buy from distributors, which is the only way for a small dealer to buy since the opening orders and annual requirements to be a direct dealer are often too much to bear. Not only does a dealer then need a fairly large storage space, they need to be able to pay for the equipment. In addition, manufacturers want dealers to be devoted to them, without caring that a product mix is required in order to meet the demand from customers.

Return authorizations take time and with COVID, it takes more time because most admin works off-site.

Almost no independent dealer is authorized to service equipment, now. Manufacturers don't want to train techs, stock parts, provide service manuals or pay for warranty work. Don't blame a dealer for this.

robladw

robladw

Audioholic

I came here doing the same thing you are. Trying to find something out about this company as I am thinking about ordering one of their PK-Ruby amps.

Let me see if I can help you understand what is probably happening here. I only know this because I work for the company that run boats.net and partzilla.com. We sell OEM outboard motorcycle and ATV, and outboard parts on the net at discount prices. Well some brands at discounts. Some brands have tighter controls because of dealer agreements so we can not advertise discount prices. How we are able to do this is because the owners of the company do run dealerships for all the products we sell and authorized service centers. We do honor all warranties but may take a little longer because they first come to us and then we deal with the Manufacturers. We have grown enough at this point we have streamlined the process. We now just send the replacements and deal with the manufacturers ourselves. The more I read about this company the more I think this is the same business model they are using. It is just a bit of a loophole that allows us to be able to sell direct on the internet at discounted prices. It is nothing sneaky or underhanded. Like I said some dealer agreements keep us from discounting all products because of tighter controls. This is a model a lot more companies are going to now because it is the only way they can stay in business, and try to compete with the likes of Amazon.

In our industry it works well for everyone. We sell direct to do in yourself folks and small shops. Due to high cost at dealership service centers most people use smaller less expensive shops and the do it yourself seems to be growing. People looking to save money but do not want cheap knockoff parts. I'm sure it is some variation of this that is allowing them to do this. I'm sure they are looking are not making as much on each purchase but look to offset that by doing this efficiently and the volume.

I hope this helps you understand what it probably is. Yes if you have a warranty issue in 9 months it will probably be a bit slower than taking it to your local dealer. However these are real products and not a scam the likely hood of having an issue is slim to none because quality control is what adds a lot to the cost of these products.

Judging by their Ebay store they have not been doing this a year yet. It looks scarce and their website is not great. This takes me back to about 7 years ago when we started and how bad it looked and how we were still figuring everything out. Yeah I think they are legit. I think the person doing this owns legit dealers and is using that to start this business to discount prices. They likely started this during covid because their business took such a hit. They rented some warehouse space threw up a site and opened an Ebay store.

Last edited:
robladw

robladw

Audioholic
It's likely that they buy from distributors, which is the only way for a small dealer to buy since the opening orders and annual requirements to be a direct dealer are often too much to bear. Not only does a dealer then need a fairly large storage space, they need to be able to pay for the equipment. In addition, manufacturers want dealers to be devoted to them, without caring that a product mix is required in order to meet the demand from customers.

Return authorizations take time and with COVID, it takes more time because most admin works off-site.

Almost no independent dealer is authorized to service equipment, now. Manufacturers don't want to train techs, stock parts, provide service manuals or pay for warranty work. Don't blame a dealer for this.
You are correct. I work for a company that does the same thing. We have authorized dealerships and service centers and buy direct from manufacturers. There are ways to do it and offer some of the products at discount prices because of loopholes and such. Some have tighter controls preventing this from happening. You will see more of these though as small business try to compete in the Amazon age. We started ours several years ago and were ahead of the curve. Now we look a lot more professional and have the volume we can honor warranties a lot better. We handle the customer up front then fight it out with the manufacturers on the back end.

D

DrewBK

Audiophyte
Guys, I ordered monitor audio speakers from them and was highly suspicious as you are - but I’m listening to them right now. I called them during ordering and got a guy in AZ explain the pricing - it’s all about competition (and monitor audio are being built in China as well now, but the same manufacturing standards).
So far, all my speakers showed up perfect, they aren’t copies...

hope that helps!

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Wow, two people that joined AH all to praise NA electronics, seems legit.

highfigh

highfigh

Judging by their Ebay store they have not been doing this a year yet. It looks scarce and their website is not great. This takes me back to about 7 years ago when we started and how bad it looked and how we were still figuring everything out. Yeah I think they are legit. I think the person doing this owns legit dealers and is using that to start this business to discount prices. They likely started this during covid because their business took such a hit. They rented some warehouse space threw up a site and opened an Ebay store.
Lots of people advertise things for sale online at prices that are near, at or below real dealer cost. One example is Fusion Entertainment- when I heard about one of their models that was coming out, I looked online and since I had a Land N Sea account, I could see dealer cost. I was then able to call Fusion to find out if the sellers had a direct account and they told me they had never heard of the sellers. The advertised price was within $25 of dealer cost and since very few non-distributors or retailers were direct, this means it was likely a bait and switch operation. I had a long chat with the Fusion rep about this and he said that it was difficult to combat people selling on Amazon, etc at low prices. I then explained that Pioneer Electronics had cut off Amazon because they weren't adhering to UAP and MAP- Fusion then assigned someone to monitor the online pricing problem and that did a good job, then Garmin bought the marine division and it's not really much of a problem.

The easy way around UAP and MAP are obvious- don't advertise those prices.

highfigh

highfigh

Guys, I ordered monitor audio speakers from them and was highly suspicious as you are - but I’m listening to them right now. I called them during ordering and got a guy in AZ explain the pricing - it’s all about competition (and monitor audio are being built in China as well now, but the same manufacturing standards).
So far, all my speakers showed up perfect, they aren’t copies...

hope that helps!
Competition is one thing, unfair pricing is another. If the discounts are excessive, it erodes the brand's value and pretty soon, high priced items become the modern equivalent of Sony TVs in the '70s and '80s- they were advertised at or below cost, to get people in the stores, so the salespeople could sell something else at a profit. The joke at the time was "We lose money on every one, but we make it up on volume!".

It also seems that people aren't aware of the label that shows the intended destination for the products- it's not very large and has an A, E, U, J or some other designation and if something with E is sold in the US, they won't usually honor the warranty because it was supposed to go to Europe. This is called 'gray goods', which is a step away from 'black market'. This was a huge problem in the late-'70s and early-'80s, when small electronics like the Walkman were being shipped to different countries, around the standard tariffs and duties.

robladw

robladw

Audioholic
Competition is one thing, unfair pricing is another. If the discounts are excessive, it erodes the brand's value and pretty soon, high priced items become the modern equivalent of Sony TVs in the '70s and '80s- they were advertised at or below cost, to get people in the stores, so the salespeople could sell something else at a profit. The joke at the time was "We lose money on every one, but we make it up on volume!".

It also seems that people aren't aware of the label that shows the intended destination for the products- it's not very large and has an A, E, U, J or some other designation and if something with E is sold in the US, they won't usually honor the warranty because it was supposed to go to Europe. This is called 'gray goods', which is a step away from 'black market'. This was a huge problem in the late-'70s and early-'80s, when small electronics like the Walkman were being shipped to different countries, around the standard tariffs and duties.
Well that was my conclusion with this company. While it was under retail most of the products they are selling on there are near end of life or not huge savings over retail. Looking at this company I do not think they are doing anything like grey market. I think they are just using this company to move inventory and discounting the prices.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General

I’ve never been a fan of loosing money in volume... lol. The old GoodGuys model.

robladw

robladw

Audioholic
Wow, two people that joined AH all to praise NA electronics, seems legit.
If you had read my first response I told where I worked. So I am not sure what you may be trying to imply. I offered and explanation as to why I think and how they can sell them at a discount.

robladw

robladw

Audioholic
I’ve never been a fan of loosing money in volume... lol. The old GoodGuys model.
So MSRP is not the price at which it must be sold to make money. If I have a product that has 3k MSRP I buy it for 2K through my approved channel. I sale 5 a year for 3K through my local retail store and make 5k. So I go on line and sale them for 2,5k and move 20. See how that works?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis