New 4k Blu Ray Player Cambridge CXUHD

B

Beatmatcher247

Full Audioholic
Pretty sure I will need to upgrade my Cambridge 650BD too. I love the analog section on that player.
I am hoping their CXUHD is a good choice if I like the sound of the analog section of the Cambridge.
This doesn't use DAC's to reduce noise? The 650BD the better unit for listening to CD's? Thinking may need to keep it for just that if that is the case.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
More curious about how DACs can be used to reduce noise rather than simply convert output to analog? I doubt there's much difference in how well it plays any optical disc, especially as transport only. DACs are likely transparent between the two but....

B

Beatmatcher247

Full Audioholic
Now am between the Panasonic UBP-X700 and the Pioneer DP-UB9000

S

Sleqzypig

Audioholic Intern
Now am between the Panasonic UBP-X700 and the Pioneer DP-UB9000
How is the Panasonic working for you? I am running a Sony 800 simply because this thing can play almost everything but I hear the Panasonics blow Sony away in picture quality.

B

Beatmatcher247

Full Audioholic
How is the Panasonic working for you? I am running a Sony 800 simply because this thing can play almost everything but I hear the Panasonics blow Sony away in picture quality.
Went with the Pioneer UDP-LX500 and I love it so far. Planet Earth 2 on 4k blu-ray amazes. Have not watched that much content on it yet.

S

Sleqzypig

Audioholic Intern
Went with the Pioneer UDP-LX500 and I love it so far. Planet Earth 2 on 4k blu-ray amazes. Have not watched that much content on it yet.
Yeah I have that series myself. Its excellent for reference level full screen 4k visuals. Real 4k not that 2k upconverted crap.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Have you done a direct comparison (analog out) sound quality-wise between your Cambridge and the new Pioneer units? One of the selling points of the Pioneer was its performance with CDs (and, of course, SACDs and DVD-A). I have a UDP-LX500 arriving this afternoon to (hopefully) replace my Oppo '103 and am curious as to how you like yours.

B

bo55554r

Enthusiast
Problem Pioneer UDP-LX500 does not play advanced / HD sound
Or 4K FROM USB

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis