brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Yeah, since I sold my 2081, I have purchased the latest model 2085.
In comparison, for upconverting dvd players I have had 3 Samsung HD-841's as well.
I may go ahead and get the Oppo, to see where it compares with the other upconverters I have/hd.

I am doing this for you, the person that is looking for the best budget upconverter.

I was actually happy with the 2081. But I figured as with the 300.00 and below subwoofers, I am trying to find set-ups that work well for the person on a tight budget. Yes I will be the guinea pig.

For those people (no names) that get super technical, please don't even bother posting on this thread. I am not here to go all into the technologies, and I will be writing this for people who just want a quick answer.

I may also get the Pioneer 588 as well.

I happen to know, that for the person on a super budget, that there is components that will compare to the way overpriced units....

Anyhow, if there are some budget models you may want me to look into, then please PM me, and I will see how my finances are at that time.

I feel with trial and error, to find a set-up that has super sound and vision for best bang for buck. Basically a 5,000+ system that easy compares to a 15K system. I am also debating on going over to a friends that has about a 30-35k, to get even a better idea of what can be had for a super surround set-up.

I am not the one that will give you advice on Monster Cable, Bose, Mcintosh, Pioneer Elite, useles expensive cables... Just stuff that with give outstanding results for minimal money.

If you want advice on that super priced (Usually way-overpriced), there are plenty of people here for that...

So far I can give my comments on about 6-7 receivers, 6-7 speaker sets, 5 subs (soon to be 7), about 12-15 dvd players (not including upconverting players = 5 soon to be 7), 4-5 projectors, 3-4 screens range 50" - 120", Unkown amount of tv's. Also computer, sound cards, processors about 18, HSF setups, PSU units, RF & IR keyboards & mice, motherboards about 15, hard drives various, many video card, many capture cards, universal remotes (some lcd touchscreens) etc...

BTW, I finally went out to get a SPL meter, because I expect the subs to start rolling in the door here soon. I think I will hook it up ythrough the computer, and give the best graphs I can do. So I will show facts, but a lot will be subjective... (after my full set-up, (SVS sub I will be selling the SPL meter, I saw a few people who wanted one)

What in the hell was going through my mind when I decided to write this (I have no clue) It must be all the pain meds kicking in :confused: :confused:

Anyhow, I'll try to have a good day, you do the same..

*I reserve the right to delete this post for no reason, when my mind is a little clearer to re-read my rambling
I really don't know where I was going with this, and if it is even remotely intelligible I would be surprised. :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:

Think of some one in pain, no sleep for about 40 hours, taking 5-6 different meds, and a few white russians with those....

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis