Netflix: The Witcher

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
There is only 8 shows per season
This!
These micro seasons suck.
Tell a flippin' story, make it fun and exciting, and don't torture us with shortcuts or mindless filler.

FWIW, Mando seems to be doing alright. BF is limping (for me) out of the gate.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Liam Hemsworth will be taking over as Gerald starting in S4.
Henry Cavill will still be in S3.
Early reports are Summer ‘23 air date.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
5 Episodes of the rest will happen on July 27th. Mediocre Season 3 for me so far. I can see why Cavill wanted out.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
I saw season 3 on NF. I thought it was strange there were only 5 episodes released. I suppose that's marginally better than the weekly episode thing D+ and P+ do. I can still sort of binge watch. What I've heard so far is good.

But to be honest, I was actually hoping this was the last season and they ended the storyline. In that vein, I hope they bookend it and start a brand-new story with Liam.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Part two of season 3 is now showing on Netflix, and I like it so far.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I have seen Witcher S01 and S02. Just started watching S03 episodes 1 and 2.

Am I the only one who thinks the writers of this series aren’t the sharpest tool in the shred? (Flame Suit on). :D

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I have seen Witcher S01 and S02. Just started watching S03 episodes 1 and 2.

Am I the only one who thinks the writers of this series aren’t the sharpest tool in the shred? (Flame Suit on). :D
Quite possible. ;)
There’s a reason they are recasting the lead. Maybe not so much the writers as the showrunners… but still, I think those that are in favor of accurately retelling the original story are a little twisted up. :p

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Quite possible. ;)
There’s a reason they are recasting the lead. Maybe not so much the writers as the showrunners… but still, I think those that are in favor of accurately retelling the original story are a little twisted up. :p
Still good enough for me to watch every season. But not anywhere near the level of Game of Thrones or House of the Dragon.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Still good enough for me to watch every season
I haven't started the new season yet... catching up on other things and life and such. ;)

I have a friend who is a literal-ist about certain things, and even though she isn't a "native" fan of the original books and video games, she's a huge fan of Cavill who is apparently a huge fan of the original story...
:rolleyes:
...While it hasn't been specifically stated that he left because of creative differences with the showrunner, it's a major part of the speculation surrounding his choice and the recasting of Liam Hemsworth.

I just find it a fun show and enjoy it. :) Nothing wrong with that in my book.

But not anywhere near the level of Game of Thrones or House of the Dragon.
I tried. Just can't get behind GOT stuff.
*shrugs

I also enjoy most of the new Star Wars stuff even though that has people reaching for pitchforks and torches. :p

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I haven't started the new season yet... catching up on other things and life and such. ;)

I have a friend who is a literal-ist about certain things, and even though she isn't a "native" fan of the original books and video games, she's a huge fan of Cavill who is apparently a huge fan of the original story...
:rolleyes:
...While it hasn't been specifically stated that he left because of creative differences with the showrunner, it's a major part of the speculation surrounding his choice and the recasting of Liam Hemsworth.

I just find it a fun show and enjoy it. :) Nothing wrong with that in my book.

I tried. Just can't get behind GOT stuff.
*shrugs

I also enjoy most of the new Star Wars stuff even though that has people reaching for pitchforks and torches. :p
I am all caught up with all the Star Wars series. Good enough to watch. :D

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Final season of Andor? There's only 2 seasons? :D
Yes. It's a relatively short timeline, the story of Cassian Andor. We know well how it ends, too.
The original plan is for the second season to cover about four years, iirc, in 12 episodes. Effectively something like 3-4 story arcs, similar to the way the first season ran though the first season wasn't so spread out in time. It's supposed to deliver us to the doorstep of Rogue One.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I did finished S03 of The Witcher. I confess that I ended up liking it more than expected. It does help to skip worthless scenes. :p

I can’t stand that worthless canon fodder singing guy, so every scene he’s in with other canon fodders, I would fast forward. Helps a lot.

But I am looking forward to season 4 with the new lead actor.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I did finished S03 of The Witcher. I confess that I ended up liking it more than expected. It does help to skip worthless scenes. :p

I can’t stand that worthless canon fodder singing guy, so every scene he’s in with other canon fodders, I would fast forward. Helps a lot.

But I am looking forward to season 4 with the new lead actor.
When it was announced that Wheel Of Time recast the character of Mat with an actor from Witcher, everybody was afraid it would be that guy playing the Bard. :D
(It’s not. *whew ;) )

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis