Netflix: The Witcher

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched the 1st episode last night and really liked it. Will be watching this closely

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Here is a spoilery breakdown that does a pretty good job of explaining the first half of the season and the timelines.

B

baronvonellis

Audioholic
I watched the first episode, I couldn't figure out who the girls were. Everyone seems to talk in a gravely whisper like Batman, it's hard to make out fantasy names and kingdom names. I wish they would speak in a normal tone of voice. They had a battle at a castle and were throwing out all these names and places, I had no idea what was going on. If you havn't read the books it's hard to follow. I did play Witcher 3 for about 40 hours, and then got bored cause the fighting was so easy and predicatable.

Why is the Witcher hated because he fights monsters and does the community a service, yet the wizards are respected for doing much worse black magic stuff?

I'd like to see more shows based on historical events. History has so many wild stories that are true as is. 2000 years of bloody Roman emperors, the Venetian's sacking Constantinople, any kingdom in the middle ages ect...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'd like to see more shows based on historical events.
Like The Tudors? I thought I was onto something with that show but then I found out the writers were a little loose with the facts. I really can't afford to walk away from a show dumber than when I got there. Super Man was in that too.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched the first episode, I couldn't figure out who the girls were. Everyone seems to talk in a gravely whisper like Batman, it's hard to make out fantasy names and kingdom names. I wish they would speak in a normal tone of voice. They had a battle at a castle and were throwing out all these names and places, I had no idea what was going on. If you havn't read the books it's hard to follow. I did play Witcher 3 for about 40 hours, and then got bored cause the fighting was so easy and predicatable.

Why is the Witcher hated because he fights monsters and does the community a service, yet the wizards are respected for doing much worse black magic stuff?

I'd like to see more shows based on historical events. History has so many wild stories that are true as is. 2000 years of bloody Roman emperors, the Venetian's sacking Constantinople, any kingdom in the middle ages ect...
The feeling I get from playing the game is that sorcerers and mages are more or less a necessary evil and aren't always trusted. I think Witchers get a bad rap because they're no longer human.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I finished the season last night and it makes me sad that it's over so season 1 gets a stamp of approval from me. I heard a reviewer talk about the comparisons to Game Of Thrones and he said "The first season of The Witcher far surpasses the final season of Game Of Thrones". Gotta agree with that observation...

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I finished the season last night and it makes me sad that it's over so season 1 gets a stamp of approval from me. I heard a reviewer talk about the comparisons to Game Of Thrones and he said "The first season of The Witcher far surpasses the final season of Game Of Thrones". Gotta agree with that observation...
I think an improved second season ought to have less questing and make it easier to follow different timelines.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think an improved second season ought to have less questing and make it easier to follow different timelines.
Agreed. More Cavill too. He was kinda relegated to side character status the last couple of episodes. It does appear that as of the final episodes all the timelines have converged, tho I'll bet we get more exposition through flashbacks. But yes, they could have done a better job with these timelines. It's even confusing for those familiar with the stories.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I'll have to find a Witcher to hire to off the production and writing teams.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
@Pogre
might as well post the whole thing:

but my fav and by far is this one below. Shame it wasn't re-done with that large orchestra and a choir

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
@Pogre
might as well post the whole thing:
I think it's a live concert maybe? I'm not sure where that's at.

I love that song. Watching that video gives me goosebumps and I have to fight an urge to start playing Witcher 3. I'm on a 4th playthrough now, I think..? It's a completionist run and I'm trying to get all the best endings and achievements. It's my first playthrough on death march too, which really isn't too bad and I'm moving along just fine. Not looking forward to fighting Dettlaff again tho... he's hard for me on the lower difficulties.

Once Geralt was asked, "Do you really carry 2 swords, one for monsters and one for humans?"
He replied, "They're both for monsters."

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I think it's a live concert maybe? I'm not sure where that's at.

I love that song. Watching that video gives me goosebumps and I have to fight an urge to start playing Witcher 3. I'm on a 4th playthrough now, I think..? It's a completionist run and I'm trying to get all the best endings and achievements. It's my first playthrough on death march too, which really isn't too bad and I'm moving along just fine. Not looking forward to fighting Dettlaff again tho... he's hard for me on the lower difficulties.

Once Geralt was asked, "Do you really carry 2 swords, one for monsters and one for humans?"
He replied, "They're both for monsters."
Yes, apparently this was recorded in front of a live audience as a concert.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes, apparently this was recorded in front of a live audience as a concert.
Yes, I've watched the whole thing. "Silver For Monsters" is my favorite. I liked when it would come on in game when poop started hitting the fan and you knew you had a fight coming.

It's really impressive the impact this game has had on pop culture and the amount of effort and detail that goes into it is amazing. The music alone is amazing. That they assembled a full choir and orchestra and hit the road with it blows me away.

R

RedCharles

Full Audioholic
My wife made it through 30 seconds of the first show before turning it off. lol

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
That's...um...a lot of hours. I don't think I've come anywhere close to that in any game I've played. Well, at least modern games. Here I was thinking the 350+ hours in each Borderlands was a lot...
Keep away from MMO's then. 350 hours and you're still in nymph stage. I put in over 7000 hours in Guild Wars 1 (2005-2010) and a few thousand more into GW2 (2015-2019). I'm going to stick with single player games from now on. Thats a lot of spent time, looking back.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Keep away from MMO's then. 350 hours and you're still in nymph stage. I put in over 7000 hours in Guild Wars 1 (2005-2010) and a few thousand more into GW2 (2015-2019). I'm going to stick with single player games from now on. Thats a lot of spent time, looking back.
Yep. The exact reason I stay away from MMO and pretty much any online multiplayer. I don't have time anyway, but back in the day that would have been all I did. Got too much other stuff to do.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
We liked it even though the first season is pretty much introduction for the 3 main characters for second season. Well written and made series. Only cons was that at first the timeline is bit messy if you are not familiar with the lore

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis