Netflix not working on VPN

J

jessjorfre

Audiophyte
Hi there. I made a new Netflix account from a Turkish proxy to get advantage of the exchange rates. 39 TL for the UHD package. I am based in Sweden and would live to get access to US content. I tried lots of VPN , even though I can see shows it doesnt get played and returns an error that I am using unblocking etc.

Is there a noob friendly version to this? So fed up now

Tried windscribe and Smart VPN.

Dont wish to pay without using a Trial and knowing it works

callandys

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Dude, Netflix is about 9 bucks a month for SD just pay the fee.

C

CharliePugh

Audiophyte
Actually, I’d pay for Netflix if I had enough money for that. So, my only option is to use proxies or VPN services. Btw, guys, could you advise me about reliable residential proxies? TIA

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If I leave my vpn running after an international excursion (I'm in the US), I can't sign into Netflix either.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
This is by design. While you have a VPN already, you might as well sail the seven seas—Yarr, matey.
Netflix doesn't want your money, so don't give it to them.

GrantLambert

GrantLambert

Audiophyte
Actually, $9 is not that much for so many movies and series. As far as I know now it's $9.99. Still, it’s not that much, I think. As for residential proxies, why do you need them? We’re currently using these ones https://soax.com/residential-proxies at our company. So, I’d like to know why you actually need a residential proxy? As far as I know, mostly companies use it but not regular users. Anyway, it’s better to use proxies than VPN. As I know, VPNs have worse user protection functions. Btw, guys, as for a Netflix subscription, which one do you have? A standard one is actually enough for us.

Last edited:
H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
Years ago I used to figure out ways to watch international content (I'm in the US). Over time they got wiser and wiser to this. Eventually, it got to the point where it was cheaper to pay a legit provider showing the content I wanted than dealing with the time or frustration trying to figure how to watch.

D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
I have on occasion used VPN to access Netflix material not available locally - there is quite a bit of geographic localisation of material... so I do have a subscription, but sometimes want to watch something that is available in the UK or Europe, or the USA.

PIA VPN has worked well for me over the years - but I have not used it often, and not in the last 18months.... (and given the ongoing battle between Netflix and VPN providers, it may or may not work next time I try...)

Legiboka

Legiboka

Audiophyte
There is nothing you can do to stop Netflix from censoring entire IP ranges of reputable VPN providers. Because home IP addresses are not included in the VPN provider's list of known address blocks, it is feasible to buy a VPN that uses one, and those usually work with streaming services. The home IP raises the monthly service fees by roughly $8, and the companies I've seen ask for a one-year commitment. I have seen only https://shiftproxy.io with feaseable priced proxies. So keep that in mind. According to some reports, even residential IP addresses are eventually blocked.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Some VPNs will allow you to select the region you want that IP address such as US, Canada and other parts of the world.

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
im in canada and i have a VPN i pay around 20 bucks for the 4K version. sometimes the VPN works and i can check out netflix from all over the world. now with our socalist government they want to make canadian content as front runners and put American and other world shows at the bottom which sucks. iam Canadian and i don't want to get stuck with Canadian content

D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
Depending on the VPN you use, it may have a fixed end address, or more likely, has rotating end points and IP addresses...

Some of those addresses and end points, will be on Netflix "black lists" of known VPN's - and therefore won't work.

Typically the default setup randomises the connection end points - and then it is pot luck whether it works or not.

I prefer to set a fixed end point, that I know works, and then change it when Netflix stops working....

It's an arms race, and it goes back and forth between Netflix (and other streaming services) and the VPN providers.

D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
Netflix is going to crack down on password sharing between people who don't live together. They are going to do this by periodically identifying the place you are watching from! My question is, if I sign up for a VPN, can I spoof my location so that Netflix thinks I am logging in from the same place each time? Now they say they will accommodate travelers, but I am very seldom at my "residence" address - maybe 4 or 5 times in a year, and then only for 2 or 3 days at a time - my sister and BIL have a small house. Now I can certainly live without Netflix, but I don't really want to. Besides, what if other streaming services decide to follow Netflix?
What a VPN does, is spoof your address - using one that belongs to / is located in a hub owned by the VPN vendor.

Quite a few current home routers, also support VPN connections - in which case you would vpn into your home network from wherever you are and you would have your home address...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis