Netflix - Fear Street 1994 (Part 1) - Solid Slasher for your Home Theater

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I was surprised to learn that is loosely based on the Fear Street book series by RL Stine, my home audio dealer recommended it for having a solid sound mix/music track and he was spot on.

Starts out like a very retro (almost cookie cutter) 90s slasher. At first I thought I was watching Stranger things because of the Maya Hawke cameo (Think Screem Movies Drew Berrymore). It does have its cheesy moments, but as the story progresses it shows more depth then your typical popcorn slasher.

It is presented this way purposely because there are two more parts that go back further in time to uncover the history. I have not watched those yet, but looking forward to it.

It was a pleasent surprise for me, and it sounded amazing on my home theater. Dynamic sound track with nice base pounding moments. Definitly worth a watch.

Last edited:
}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I just saw this listed on Netflix last night. I didn't have the time to check it out, but will probably now. Thanks for the summary and recommendation.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I liked part 2 better than the first. Bloody isn't the word, sick too but I felt it was good. Some strange things in the plot and dialog but overall pretty good.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The first one was not bad. It totally DID feel like I was watching Stranger things because the mall might actually be the same one. The characters are good, but pacing and overall feel were a bit off IMHO. It was more violent than expected for a Netflix movie, but overall I felt it was a solid entry in the slasher genre. I haven't seen the third one yet, but the second one was better than this one.

I also liked the period proper music selection. The use of Nirvana covering Bowie's Man Who Sold the World in '94 and then using the Bowie version in '78 was nice (same episode, P2:1978)

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis