mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Has anyone else watched this through the 8 episodes on Netflix?
We finished it last night and also watched the "making of." Interesting, well done.

Mind bending for sure. If you start you need to watch all 8 episodes.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I’ve seen it. Thought it was just alright. Didn’t like it as much as “Dark”.

I felt a little “cheated” at the end, though.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
My wife and I watched the season (?). It was good, if not great. I'm really hoping for a 2nd season. The ending was kind of ambiguous. The show was greatly enhanced by watching it in the HT room. The surround and Atmos effects were very good in this show. You'd miss so much content watching it on just a TV.

7.5 or 8/10 IMO.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Cancelled.

I wonder what their criteria is? I mean, they are cancelling stuff left and right.

Last edited:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I got drawn into this series with my wife and the first few episodes were creepy AF. Once the boy started talking it lost some of it's mystery and luster. I would have watched another season or two for sure. The last episode had some good Atmos effects going on which I liked. Sucks that shows like this get cancelled and we still have the woke garbage Star Trek Discovery show continuing on.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Cancelled.

I wonder what their criteria is? I mean, they are cancelling stuff left and right.
Netflix did that, again? They do have a bad history of just cancelling shows. Perhaps that is way to get new subscribers by offering new series but for me as an existing subscriber that is a negative. There are now more competition that is actually cheaper as well.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Got through 3 episodes and never went back. Was going way too slow. Plot wasn't all that interesting either.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I don’t think the show is great, but there are much worse shows on Netflix than this.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I don’t think the show is great, but there are much worse shows on Netflix than this.
I need to check out that Dahmer show. Have heard really good things. I know Wednesday was a huge hit, but i'm not really interested in it. The wife watched it and liked it.

Season 2 of Vikings Valhalla starts this month!! Can't wait for that. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I need to check out that Dahmer show. Have heard really good things. I know Wednesday was a huge hit, but i'm not really interested in it. The wife watched it and liked it.

I saw about 15 minutes of Dalmer and quit that.

I liked “Wednesday” because of the dark comedy theme - serial killer on the loose.

Some shows just click with you and some shows just hit your nerve. :D

Looking forward to Vikings Valhalla S02, Mayor of Kingstown S02, Your Honor S02, and hopefully Mayfair Witch (hated the new Interview with the Vampire series).

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General

I liked “Wednesday” because of the dark comedy theme - serial killer on the loose.

Looking forward to Vikings Valhalla S02, Mayor of Kingstown S02, Your Honor S02, and hopefully Mayfair Witch (hated the new Interview with the Vampire series).
I will watch Mayor of Kingstown S2, but I wasn't all that impressed with S1. It was ok. Didn't really go anywhere. I will give S2 a chance. Hopefully it picks up. Don't know what those other shows are (Your Honor and Mayfair witch). Was going to try the Interview with Vampire series, but read a few things and then had ZERO interest.

Vikings Valhalla should be really good. First season set the tone and had some great moments. Looking forward to some great Viking battles. :D

Not sure what else is coming. But Netflix is just cranking crap out. I guess they don't really care about quality anymore. Just quantity. It's really starting to show. That Witcher blood Origins really could've been something but they totally botched it. Writing was atrocious and to only have 4 episodes to race through something that could easily be 1-2 seasons at 10 episodes each, was just a terrible idea.

I don't watch too many Netflix shows because the quality is just going down the drain. To me, HBO still reigns supreme with quality shows.

highfigh

highfigh

Dahmer was a local- don't need to see it after it was on all of the local news for so long. I assume they showed news videos of people in HazMat suits taking blue plastic barrels out of his apartment with hand trucks- it's not quite the same, seeing it 30+ years later with the buffer of time and so many other horrible events. Now, it's just another story.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I liked Alice in Borderland, s1 and s2 both really good.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Not sure who would be attracted to a serial killer. :eek:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I will watch Mayor of Kingstown S2, but I wasn't all that impressed with S1. It was ok. Didn't really go anywhere. I will give S2 a chance. Hopefully it picks up. Don't know what those other shows are (Your Honor and Mayfair witch). Was going to try the Interview with Vampire series, but read a few things and then had ZERO interest.

Vikings Valhalla should be really good. First season set the tone and had some great moments. Looking forward to some great Viking battles. :D

Not sure what else is coming. But Netflix is just cranking crap out. I guess they don't really care about quality anymore. Just quantity. It's really starting to show. That Witcher blood Origins really could've been something but they totally botched it. Writing was atrocious and to only have 4 episodes to race through something that could easily be 1-2 seasons at 10 episodes each, was just a terrible idea.

I don't watch too many Netflix shows because the quality is just going down the drain. To me, HBO still reigns supreme with quality shows.
NFLX definitely has more bad shows than good shows.

But... a lot of times it's about our tolerance level of the shows. So even if the shows aren't top notch, we can still ENJOY them. :D

I have always hated foreign contents. My wife loves foreign contents. In particular, she loves Korean series and movies, while I can't stand 99% of Korean contents.

Then I heard about the South Korean series "Alchemy of Souls" about mages with Kung-Fu. Instead of carrying stick wands, they use swords as their wands/staffs. And did I mention they kick a$$ with Kung-Fu plus use Magic?

The ratings on IMDb were very high, but I don't trust any ratings when it comes to Korean contents. :D

I gave it a try. And although it's not the best writing/directing, I am now totally addicted to this series.

S01 already finished. I am now on S02.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis