Obliterated, on Netflix

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I want to start by warning anyone that may decide to check this out...

It is not ART. In no way is this a show that takes itself seriously or could be considered for an award (except maybe one... more on that in a moment).

But d@mn if it isn't a fun ride.

Premise:
An elite counterterrorism task force takes down a terrorist who is trying to blow up Las Vegas with a nuclear device. They arrest him and successfully disarm the bomb. They decide to celebrate: they are in LV, after all.
Then they find out that it wasn't the real bomb which they disarmed... While celebrating...
Shenanigans ensue.

Now... The plot is intriguing. The acting... ;) maybe not so much.
I think I said something to the effect that Netflix hired several actors that were "understudies" for the old SyFy network movies leading up to, and including, Sharknado. :oops:
The lead female could be mistaken for at least one of three brunette stars. None worth remembering their names.
The lead male clearly learned to act by watching Brad Pitt movies and practicing being Brad in the mirror.

As for that "award..." there is one clear star: C. Thomas Howell.
But I'm not gonna give that away.

Will you feel dirty for watching it? Maybe.
Will you laugh? Probably.
Will you finish the 8-episode season?
I guess that depends on how seriously you take yourself and value your time! :p

We polished off three ep's in one sitting last night and are diving back in tonight! :D

Don't judge me, or yourselves. Drop the inhibitions and expectations and, maybe, have a good time. ;)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Watched this over two days. Your description is perfect. Turn off the brain and dive in. It’s fun. And bewbs!!!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis