Neotech’s NEMOI-1220 rectangular silver conductor connection

S

Shorly

Audiophyte
Hi,
I would like to hear from you which way did you gone - A)soldering rectangular wire to RCA connector (for example WBT-0152 Ag RCA connector) OR
B)fixing the wire with a screw ( for example Furutech CF-102 NCF RCA connector).
I have Neotech-NEMOI 1220 interconnect cable with 2 silver rectangular conductors - one for hot(signal) and the second for ground.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Hi,
I would like to hear from you which way did you gone - A)soldering rectangular wire to RCA connector (for example WBT-0152 Ag RCA connector) OR
B)fixing the wire with a screw ( for example Furutech CF-102 NCF RCA connector).
I have Neotech-NEMOI 1220 interconnect cable with 2 silver rectangular conductors - one for hot(signal) and the second for ground.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you
At $60' seems like they would provide instruction as to the best way to terminate. Personally I'd solder and shrink heat given the flat surface.

S

Shorly

Audiophyte
everettT, thank you for your opininon.
Yes, the conductors are flat and not wide but in any case when tightening it with a screw could cause the conductor cracking.
Do you know can Furutech Nano liquid be used also during soldering?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
everettT, thank you for your opininon.
Yes, the conductors are flat and not wide but in any case when tightening it with a screw could cause the conductor cracking.
Do you know can Furutech Nano liquid be used also during soldering?
Sorry I'm not sure. Whenever I've made cables I've always soldered except where unnecessary like with NL4 connectors.

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
The second should be a shield, not a wire conductor.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
The second should be a shield, not a wire conductor.
The second conductor acts as a shield as is the case with RCA cables. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a complete circuit and audio would not be transferred.

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
The second conductor acts as a shield as is the case with RCA cables. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a complete circuit and audio would not be transferred.
A 2nd wire will complete the circuit, but won't act as a shield.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis