Neophyte music streamer question

T

tparm

Audioholic
Hi Audioholics community, I have a question for you. I recently found that even though I am running my Audiolab 6000N Play via analog outputs to my Denon AVR-X4700 the signal is digitized as I use Audyssey making the DAC in my Audiolab a moot point. I use Amazon Music HD because the price point but I think I am going back to Tidal for ease of use (the HEOS user interface sucks) and because they continue evolve where Amazon seems uninterested in anything other than status quo. Tidal Connect is super handy.

The Denon, and therefore HEOS, don't do MQA unfolding, so my question is; if I use a Node 2i via coax does it unfold the MQA file and pass full-res signal to the AVR? Apparently there is no need to use the analog connections and actually I would be performing redundant D-A conversations if I continue to do so. Please educate me and please don't make this about MQA alone as I am indifferent to the technology.

Lastly, it is interesting that Audyssey down-samples all sources to 48kHz. I think Anthem's ARC and Dirac both have range up to at least 96kHz. Perhaps this is moot too as I don't know of speakers that output beyond 23kHz (unless they use a super tweeter), I know my LSiM 707s do not.

T

tparm

Audioholic
May have answered my own question; appears via the Bluesound site, if you use coax out the Node 2i, in its default setting, unfolds the MQA file and passes up to 24/96kHz to the AVR/processor.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis