Negatron 2 our final Home Theater/Stereo room build thread

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
Just snagged the last pair of k402s I need for my build. This will leave just 1 pair of RP150Ms left to purchase and I will have 13 channels for Auro3D (once I get a Auro3d preamp).

I expect to start the K402 Synergy build after the new year, as I need to get cabinets built, and mod the horns for the dual 15" woofers.

I can't wait to get my amp, rack, and speakers done!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
New AV rack, just got it back from our carpenter. I built the 8020 part, and supplied the carpenter with the wood.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Samurai
New AV rack, just got it back from our carpenter. I built the 8020 part, and supplied the carpenter with the wood.

Nice I like the custom wood look nice touch!

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
3 K402s waiting in the garage for the MEH mod...with another k402 on the way. I am tempted to get one more so I can run them as a 5 channel setup. We will be trying them as an open baffle setup in addition to a cabinet version. I will be setting them up both ways with the help of a friend, and running REW to see which way I like them best.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Spartan
Come on Ellis more pics. Hurry up and setup already. :) On the double let's go. :D

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
Ok...pics of my Klipsch RP 150Ms, mounted 13' in the air with custom aluminum brackets...mounted to a wood french cleat.

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
Custom made end tables, and my tablet for controlling my AV equipment, and lights. I use CQC software with my own graphic designs. Sorry pics are a bit blurry with my tablet.

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
K402 MEH progress pics...

All 4 horns have the ports drilled, and we have 1 motherboard almost assembled. Once all the motherboards have been completed, we will be painting the backside, and veneering the frontside in mahagony.

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis