Needed componets for multiroom speakers

J

Joseph Sulse

Audiophyte
I hope this is the correct forum for this question.

I need some help setting up a multi-room speaker system for my house. A system located in my family room will control speakers located there and in the kitchen, dining room, living room, etc. I would like to have a separate volume control for each room. Also, could a signal from the family room system's receiver or preamp be hooked up to a totally separate home theater system on the other side of the house? Is it just a matter of a really long interconnect? Any signal degradation issues? This interconnect would allow the both systems to play the same music and therefore all speakers in the house playing the same music. I think Niles out of Florida carries components for such a system but aside from what's on their web site nothing else is known.

Thanks for your help
Joseph

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Welcome,
You are on the right track. I am currently helping a friend in the same situation. Trying to find the right equipment and figuring out how to get it all to work is a daunting task. Connecting the two systems via interconnects for just audio is one way. Some members have made their own using coax for this purpose. I found gear that allows it to be done over Cat 5. Try doing a search for "cat 5 audio video distribution" to see what's available.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis