Need your suggestion.

W

williamshere

Audiophyte
I want to buy an LED monitor. Help me to choose between Samsung and LG.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
What size? What budget? What viewing distance? Not LG.

LG is the way to go if you are buying OLED, but there is nothing I would buy from them otherwise.

Sony and Samsung are the way I would go if getting a LCD display and had some money.

In a decent room, I would get OLED, and get LG any day of the week.

If you actually are talking about a computer monitor, then things may be quite different. Once again, size, and budget matter.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

LG is the way to go if you are buying OLED, but there is nothing I would buy from them otherwise.

Sony and Samsung are the way I would go if getting a LCD display and had some money.

If you actually are talking about a computer monitor, then things may be quite different. Once again, size, and budget matter.
FWIW LG does make a pretty good PC monitor. I've got one of their ultrawide IPS monitors for my kid's PC and it is decent for what I paid for it.

If I were buying a new PC monitor, I'd probably still go OLED if it were me. Depending on the OPs requirements, there are tons of options and LG and Samsung aren't the top options.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Since it's the HDTV subforum, figure he wants a tv rather than computer monitor but not sure. Last I looked not much point in a monitor outside of use of a computer, the larger/better ones suited for movies/tv are going to be quite expensive vs just getting a tv....economies of scale and all that. Not much to go on as otherwise noted, tho....

W

williamshere

Audiophyte

In any price range. Size 40inch.

W

williamshere

Audiophyte
FWIW LG does make a pretty good PC monitor. I've got one of their ultrawide IPS monitors for my kid's PC and it is decent for what I paid for it.

If I were buying a new PC monitor, I'd probably still go OLED if it were me. Depending on the OPs requirements, there are tons of options and LG and Samsung aren't the top options.
Then for which option i should go for.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
In any price range. Size 40inch.
Is this a computer monitor hooked to a computer system?

If so, then what will it be used for? What type of stuff? Work? Spreadsheets? Do you need dead on color accuracy? Do you need great HDR? Do you need really fast response time for gaming?

Alienware offers two different models of OLED gaming monitors that may be near top of the class and are hard to pass up. They are 34" ultrawide models...

If you are just looking for a great 40" or so television, then the LG C series is the way I would lean. It offers a great image for the money.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis