Need Suggestion From The Expert!

J

jhonlittle

Audiophyte
Hi there,

I currently have a Yamaha RXV681 with a wired 5.1 system in the living room.

In my bedroom, I have a pair of Yamaha 030 that I use Music-cast to connect them.

I'd like to upgrade my system in the living room to a 5.1 but I want it to be all wireless.

What's the best way to go about it?
- Add 3.1 (speakers or soundbar) to the current 030?
- Buy a full new 5.1 system?

Can I connect it all thru the mentioned AVR, and have one wired and one wireless system play thru it or it can only host one system?

Thanks in advance!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi there,

In my bedroom, I have a pair of Yamaha 030 that I use Music-cast to connect them.

I'd like to upgrade my system in the living room to a 5.1 but I want it to be all wireless.

Can I connect it all thru the mentioned AVR, and have one wired and one wireless system play thru it or it can only host one system?

Thanks in advance!
The technology just is not there yet for wireless systems. This will take moving to active speakers and connections via ethernet to make this a reality. Things are just not settled at present, and we need a whole systems change to make this reality.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I wouldn't go there either, but it does exist for those who want to go down that bumpy road. Next gen wireless systems aren't going to be worth anything anyway when connected to obsolete network devices. An old Linksys Wireless G router in a basement needs to go into the bin.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Get a carpet or find a way to hide speaker wires , conventional speakers destroy soundbars imo . My sub wire and a few speakers wires are hidden under a massive rug. Or get a passive soundbar for your front 3 and wireless surrounds but your better off hardwiring speakers so no sound gets lost ..

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
He also always told me " Boy, you look like something that was Shot at and missed...and $hit at and hit "

My long gone dad was kinda funny...poop was not the word I typed by the way

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
He also always told me " Boy, you look like something that was Shot at and missed...and poop at and hit "

My long gone dad was kinda funny...poop was not the word I typed by the way
Sounds like my dad. Lol
You have to get creative to get past the gatekeeper. Shitt, or $hit for example work great!

J

jhonlittle

Audiophyte
Hi there,

Can I connect it all thru the mentioned AVR Omegle, and have one wired and one wireless system play thru it or it can only host one system?

Thanks in advance!
Thanks for the answer.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis