Need some knowledgeable input.

M

Musicman61

Junior Audioholic
Ok first my setup. I'm using a yamaha aventage 2080 at 140 watts 2 channels driven i believe. I have a 3 channel emotiva rated at 275 watts a channel which I use to power my front stage and the yamaha takes care of the 1 pair of surrounds and 1 set of heights. I recently had all polk rti series speakers using the rti a7s as my mains. Got rid of the polks and replaced with a full set of martinlogans. The thing is my polks were 8ohms and the logans are 4ohms. My yamaha has a setting to change the ohms from 8 to 6 but no 4ohm setting. Is this going to be a problem? I have no choice but to leave the receiver on 8ohms cause when set to 6ohm mode the front mains have no sound. I also noticed now that I'm using the logans I have to jack the level up for the motion fx surrounds as the polk surrounds played louder. On another note I just want to say that anyone on a limited budget that wants some great sound to go with the polks. Price performance wise they can't be beat. I did a side by side with the login motion 40s and the polks sounded damn close to the logans. The polks have a more pronouned top end and I'd say not as tight in the low end as the logans which seem like more of a neutral speaker, which I'm not saying is a bad thing but the polks towers can be had for 300 each as where the logans are 3 times the price. I definitely feel like they don't have 3 times the sound.

M

Musicman61

Junior Audioholic
Thanks for the feedback. I found in my manual where it says only the front mains can use 4ohm but not any of the other channels. I don't understand that one. Yeah I don't get why there's no sound of I set to 6ohm either. I'll have to call yamaha and find out whats up. Would really be a sucky situation when I just bought that yamaha last year for 1,400 bucks and can't use it cause I'm definitely not going through the hassle of sending the logans back.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis