Pwner_2130

Pwner_2130

Audioholic
Hi there,

I have, (as you can see in my sig) a Sony STR DG800 reciever that has been very good to me considering i bought it at a pawn shop in town. I was looking to upgrade my speakers because right now I have 5 smallish cube speakers that came in a cheapo Htib system I had laying around. What do you guys recommend? I know they should be matching, I'm not looking to break the wallet here however. I believe the reciever is 100 watts per channel. Thanks

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Need more info. Budget, room dimensions, primary use whether its HT/music or HT only, come to mind.

Pwner_2130

Pwner_2130

Audioholic
Budget is $500, room size is 20' by 16' but its an open living room area so only two sides have walls

I use it equally for HT and Music - cd, mp3 off PS3, dvd, blu-ray tape casette, pc audio

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Budget is $500, room size is 20' by 16' but its an open living room area so only two sides have walls

I use it equally for HT and Music - cd, mp3 off PS3, dvd, blu-ray tape casette, pc audio
Budget of $500 for all 5 speakers? Thats going to be tight especially if you want something for music as well. Any chance of spending just $500 on the main left and right and budgeting agian for next year on the center and surrounds?

codexp3

codexp3

Audioholic
Budget of $500 for all 5 speakers? Thats going to be tight especially if you want something for music as well. Any chance of spending just $500 on the main left and right and budgeting agian for next year on the center and surrounds?
I'd have to agree 100%. You want your mains as good as possible. You can salvage your current speakers as surrounds until you have more money.

Pwner_2130

Pwner_2130

Audioholic
Well, I really wanted to get at least 5.1 surround back when i upgrade, it would be rough waiting for a year. But I could use the cheap sonys for surrounds in the meantime. What would you recommend for main front spks?

codexp3

codexp3

Audioholic
Infinity sells their refurbished stuff on ebay...You can get some very good deals for slightly used gear. It comes factory direct w/ warranty. Check the used market if you strapped for cash. Audiogon is another site to check out. If you go w/ book shelf speakers rather than towers you might be able to put something together.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis