B

bryman

Enthusiast
so i will be getting a new receiver here most likely this week.....
(Onkyo TX-NR708), plus i have my DVD player, my Toshiba 52" DLP, my Xbox 360, my cable box,

now i need a sweet remote!!! something i can program EVERYTHING into and basically put all the other remotes in a box and in the crawl space.

i though i saw a remote once that had the xbox 360 feature in it. anyway something cool with a screen in it please LOL maybe something i can put themed buttons into too??

whats out there?

D

Digi

Audioholic Intern
One of the Logitech Harmony remotes may be your answer. I have one and it does mostly what it's designed to do, but I got tired of it - having to keep it charged, download updates for it, sometimes it's clunky and doesn't work with all the features of every device. I may bring it out again and see what I can do with my latest setup with it.

I never use everything all time anyways, so I went back to having two remotes out and then dragging out another if I needed it for a few minutes for another component. Ymmv, but that's my experience with a universal remote.

so i will be getting a new receiver here most likely this week.....
(Onkyo TX-NR708), plus i have my DVD player, my Toshiba 52" DLP, my Xbox 360, my cable box,

now i need a sweet remote!!! something i can program EVERYTHING into and basically put all the other remotes in a box and in the crawl space.

i though i saw a remote once that had the xbox 360 feature in it. anyway something cool with a screen in it please LOL maybe something i can put themed buttons into too??

whats out there?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Take a look at the URC remotes. I am not a big fan of the Harmony software, but the remotes and features are nice. The URC I have has all the codes built in and took only a few minutes to setup for everything. The only thing it didn't have the right codes for was my Dish DVR, and that took about 5 min to program.

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
I have urc r50. You can get for $90 at amazon. I love it. You can program everything and has lcd screen .

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis