Need recommendations for LCR speakers for a small space

C

ctbrew1

Audiophyte
Hello I am going to be upgrading my LCR speakers in my home theater. The space is only 8.5 x 15 feet initially but widens out into a large room. I have an older Yamaha RX-V863 receiver 105 watts x 7 into 8 ohms. I have a 5.1 setup with an Elac 3010 subwoofer, I may eventually get another to balance it. I am seeking recommendations for new LCR speakers, 100% home theater use, budget $1K or so. I am currently looking at:
1. three Chane A2.4's
2. Q Acoustics 3050i with matching center, or
3. Klipsch RP-600M with RP-600C center.
Any others I should be looking at? I am not a brand snob at all.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Hello I am going to be upgrading my LCR speakers in my home theater. The space is only 8.5 x 15 feet initially but widens out into a large room. I have an older Yamaha RX-V863 receiver 105 watts x 7 into 8 ohms. I have a 5.1 setup with an Elac 3010 subwoofer, I may eventually get another to balance it. I am seeking recommendations for new LCR speakers, 100% home theater use, budget $1K or so. I am currently looking at:
1. three Chane A2.4's
SVS has some nice tower speakers at $500/each. If you can bump your budget up another few hundred you can get SVS LCR Prime towers plus center for $1350 and you get a 45 day trial so if they don't work for you, you can return them for free. SVS also has some nice bookshelf speakers if you really want or need bookshelf.

Paradigm is having a sale on some of their tower speakers. Regular priced $500 speakers are down to $350. You might want to check out their website.

Those are just to a couple to add to your list.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
1. three Chane A2.4's
Better speakers to consider in that price range:
Hsu CCB-8 front stage set
Monoprice Monolith THX-265 left/right and THX-363 center
KEF LS50 pair + LS50 single for center
KEF Q350 pair and Q650 center

I would go for any of those designs over your present choices on account of the superior center speaker designs that doesn't induce off-axis lobing problems. The center speaker carries the majority of the audio load in a home theater system, so a better way of going about choosing speakers for a home theater system is giving the center speaker priority. Horizontal MTM center speakers are a compromised choice.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
If you can go $1100, get these:
and
or (same speaker, but white):

You may not be familiar with Canton, but they are a major European speaker manufacturer from Germany (you will note that these speakers are either German or European for country of manufacturer).

They are excellent speakers for the money!
MSRP for all three is $2456

I made some comments on the 826's here:

C

ctbrew1

Audiophyte
I didn't consider designing the system around the center, that makes sense of course. I will check out the speakers you guys have mentioned. Thanks for your replies.

S

shkumar4963

Audioholic
Better speakers to consider in that price range:
Hsu CCB-8 front stage set
Monoprice Monolith THX-265 left/right and THX-363 center
KEF LS50 pair + LS50 single for center
KEF Q350 pair and Q650 center

I would go for any of those designs over your present choices on account of the superior center speaker designs that doesn't induce off-axis lobing problems. The center speaker carries the majority of the audio load in a home theater system, so a better way of going about choosing speakers for a home theater system is giving the center speaker priority. Horizontal MTM center speakers are a compromised choice.
LS50 are great speakers for such a space and are almost half price to their original price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
ELAC tends to get a lot of praise for the $$ invested.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis