need recommendation for parents

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
they watch sports and tv programs mostly. some hbo but they dont watch blu rays or have any intention of getting into 4k.
the room is bright.

is the tcl 5 edge lit series good enough? dont want to regret not getting them a tv with fald

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
they watch sports and tv programs mostly. some hbo but they dont watch blu rays or have any intention of getting into 4k.
the room is bright.

is the tcl 5 edge lit series good enough? dont want to regret not getting them a tv with fald
I saw a 55" TCL at BB this week- it's on sale for $299. Looked pretty good, but I would make sure it's not set up fro display- it's often called 'torch mode' because the colors are so hot (too high). The red color was too strong- ask them to set it up for home use and take a few minutes before going back to it to make any decisions.

I don't know that I would worry about edge lit, or not- How old are they? Have they had a large TV? If not, they may not like that size of a screen.

Whatever you get- make sure it switches from the ROKU apps to TV channels easily. If they have cable,

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
I saw a 55" TCL at BB this week- it's on sale for $299. Looked pretty good, but I would make sure it's not set up fro display- it's often called 'torch mode' because the colors are so hot (too high). The red color was too strong- ask them to set it up for home use and take a few minutes before going back to it to make any decisions.

I don't know that I would worry about edge lit, or not- How old are they? Have they had a large TV? If not, they may not like that size of a screen.

Whatever you get- make sure it switches from the ROKU apps to TV channels easily. If they have cable,
theyre old
i just read that fald is not good for sports and pops watches sports all day. so i thought edge lit would be better

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Walmart has a 50" Vizio smart TV with full array backlit plus 240hz motion going for 348 bucks. The reviews seem to be good

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis