Need recommendation for center speaker

C

C Squared

Audiophyte
I have an old school speaker configuration my Dad bought in Germany back in the 80s, so It has sentimental value and I want to use them (plus they sound great). But I need recommendations on a center speaker that would compliment them, as far as sound quality. I have tried some but they either get over powered by the others or it is wayy louder than all the others. Please help lol
System:
2x Bose 301 Series iii
2x Bose 601 Series iii
Pioneer Elite VSX-43 (New)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
How about finding a third of whatever you use for L/R? That would be ideal. If physically you need a horizontal center then that may not be an option for you. I'd not worry too much about matching Bose sound quality, most speakers exceed Bose in that department. As far as your previous tries with other centers, sounds more like a setup issue, getting them level matched shouldn't be all that hard.

C

C Squared

Audiophyte
Well those speakers can’t be used as a center, they have tweeters on the one side or the other of the speaker. So it would be lopsided if that makes sense.
I just need something similar in output I guess

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well those speakers can’t be used as a center, they have tweeters on the one side or the other of the speaker. So it would be lopsided if that makes sense.
I just need something similar in output I guess
Been a while since I've seen one. Yes, that could make placement difficult. Many speakers can equal or exceed output levels of those, but level matching initially is more important. Did you use MCACC in your avr to help out? I've got a few mismatched centers in setups around the house currently, including an Infinity RC263 I picked up on a sale at the end of last year for $150 (and think goes on sale for $200 or less periodically), might be a consideration for you. Maybe the Monolith 365C, too.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Emotiva c1, or 2 sadly I missed a sale on a infinity center speaker ... will it ever go back on sale . I had money but parents had it and was afraid to ask ..htd also

C

C Squared

Audiophyte
I have that ability in my receiver but when we moved I’ve lost the cable so I have to get a new one, If that answers your question lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have that ability in my receiver but when we moved I’ve lost the cable so I have to get a new one, If that answers your question lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You mean you lost the microphone to use with MCACC? I'd use an spl meter app in your phone in the meantime, should be better than doing it by ear....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis