Need PreAmp 7.2 for under $2000

D

Davebuck

Audiophyte
My equipment is 10 years old and my Marantz Pre Amp died. I need a new PreAmp and don’t want or rather I think I don’t need to spend much more than$2000. I have a Magnapan 3.7i speakers in 7.2 configuration and a Rotel 1095 5 x 200 watt Amplifier and an emotiva amp for my rear speakers. I have a 4K projector. And I need a preamp in the $2000 range. I’m in looking at the Marantz 7704, 7705, 7703 Mii And honestly I can’t tell difference between them. I don’t need HDMI 2.2. But I think it might be reasonable for me to get HDMI 2.0.
All my local HT people in the area have 1 million different recommendations and I don’t feel comfortable with that. So I put it up here to the expert to help me out. I don’t have to have Marantz but seems like they have the most reasonable preamp’s. What are you think.?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd generally look to Marantz or Yamaha for pre-pros I suppose should I ever be in the market for one. Just depends on what mix of features you want and what deal you find. Might check out accessories4less if you don't mind a refurb to save some $.

D

Davebuck

Audiophyte
I have been looking there
The 7704 is $1349 andthe7705 is $1699 or something like that. Those are my first choices but others are talking about Onkyo integra and Denon which I think is now Marantz anyway

D

Davebuck

Audiophyte
The 7704 is $1349 andthe7705 is $1699 or something like that. Those are my first choices but others are talking about Onkyo integra and Denon which I think is now Marantz anyway
But I am not sure there is much difference between those 2

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Denon and Marantz have been part of the same organization since 2002. Denon doesn't currently offer a pre-pro that I can think of (they did a while back tho), altho an avr can be used as a pre-pro if you wish and save some money. Onkyo/Pioneer I don't believe currently offer pre-pros either but believe there are some Integra models still. Couldn't tell you the differences between 7704/7705 and they may not be significant, believe the Marantz site has a comparison tool IIRC.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Check with your local Yamaha dealer and see if they have any demo/like new CX-A5200 Pre-pro for $1800.

Some dealers have the CX-A5100 demo/like-new for $1700, but I'd rather get the CX-A5200 if the price is close.

I think the Yamaha CX-5000-series is much better built and has better reliability than the Marantz AV7700-series.

I went from a Denon AVP-A1HDCI (died after 8 years) to the Yamaha CX-A5100 pre-pro.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis