Need opinions on 2 channel setup

N

nhlplayoffs122

Audiophyte
Im really a newbie so take it easy on me. I just listened to Martin Logan LX 16 and was impressed with the clarity. They are around 700-800 for a pair..opinions on these?? My concern is pricepoint as I need power/recv and a cd plAYER..i DONT HAVE ANYTHING. What other speakers does one recommend and can I do a pair for 500 or so or will I suffer alot of quality. Also need ideas on a recv..thanks

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Im really a newbie so take it easy on me. I just listened to Martin Logan LX 16 and was impressed with the clarity. They are around 700-800 for a pair..opinions on these?? My concern is pricepoint as I need power/recv and a cd plAYER..i DONT HAVE ANYTHING. What other speakers does one recommend and can I do a pair for 500 or so or will I suffer alot of quality. Also need ideas on a recv..thanks
Get the Infinity P362/363 towers. They go on sale from time to time for $200 each. Also check classified on Audioholics.

I own a pair myself.:D

K

kini

Full Audioholic
No reviews yet on the motion lx16 but I'll go out on a limb here and say that they would make a great pair of speakers for 2 channel listening.

But you need to listen to as many speakers as you can to see what you like best. So if you don't have anywhere to do that you might have to buy from places that offer 30 day trials even if you have to pay return shipping.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I think I see how did you get there - while yea - I'm not huge fan of CD Changer as these are notorious for breaking, paying $250 for CD player nowadays seems a bit excessive to say at least

I'd take a chance this denon changer for $80 instead or shop in local pawn stores/goodwill/craiglist for used, but a good model...
DENON DCM-290 CD/CD-R/RW 5 Disc Changer | Accessories4less

I believe recently forum member bought Integra DVD player at goodwill for pennies...
Primus P362/363 are highly recommended, but if bookshelfs is what you want - I would highly recommend Ascend's CMT-340se
CMT-340 SE Mini-Tower Loudspeaker

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I think I see how did you get there - while yea - I'm not huge fan of CD Changer as these are notorious for breaking, paying $250 for CD player nowadays seems a bit excessive to say at least

I'd take a chance this denon changer for $80 instead or shop in local pawn stores/goodwill/craiglist for used, but a good model...
+ 1 I've had a Denon 5 CD changer for more than 10 years and never had a problem with it. That is a great deal too.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'd ditch CD player and Squeezebox. Get a Denon AVR w/ network and stream music from the PC or server.

Or just get the $129 Panasonic BD player that can play CD, DVD, BD, and stream Netflix and just about everything else.

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
Seconding the suggestion for the bluray player. A network receiver would be nicer but I know not everyone wants to go that rout and the price difference between a good basic receiver and one with network features is greater than the cost of the bluray.

For speakers I have a pair of paradigm mini monitors that I absolutely love. I would suggest adding them to the list of things to go and audition. I have heard though that the price may have gone up substantially since I purchased mine, which would probably make them not a very good deal anymore.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan

I understand what you are saying, I am not a big fan of the
changer players - At least the OP has some options, to help
with the decision making.

Spookyfoot

Spookyfoot

Audioholic Intern
I understand what you are saying, I am not a big fan of the
changer players - At least the OP has some options, to help
with the decision making.
I've had 2 Sony Mega changers for about 8 years and this past year they started going down hill. But until I went the route of a music server they were literally playing 6 hours a day and shuffling after each track so I'd give a nod for that route if a CD player is still part of the consideration, they've lasted much longer than I ever thought they would.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis