Need Opinion on first System.

jrice2487

jrice2487

Enthusiast
I am trying to upgrade to a real audio setup. I have had a (cheap, yet enjoyable) pioneer system for the last few year and can now afford a better system. I was wanting to know what suggestions anyone could give me about the system i have picked out. (Note: it will primalily be used for video games and movies) I am on about a $3,000 budget and have been looking at the Newton T300 system at CambridgeSoundworks.com I was looking at the B-stock since they are a considerable amount cheaper and still hold a 10 year warranty. As far as recievers go I am wanting one with a good HDMI picture and c/net reccomended the Denon-AVR 4306, while it is a little steep i dont mind spending the extra cash if it is a good reciever. However, i dont know to much about what i need as far as recievers go to push the system im wanting.
I would really like some recomendations because it is hard to find reviews on these speakers and the reciever. If this sytem is crap, then please tell me. I Just want the best system for my money.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
HT system budget.

With your budget you should be able to put together a nice HT. You might consider slightly lowering your reciever budget and spending more on speakers as they will make the biggest difference in the audio performance of your system. For example, a denon 3806, 3805, or 2807 would make a great receiver for $1k or less.
With the remaining $2K, consider spending about $1500 on 5.0 speakers in $500 + on a sub. In this price range, I would recommend Axiom Audio, Paradigm, PSB, etc. Check out the 10" and 12" subs from SVS and HSU to finish off the system.
If you want to save a few bucks, Check out the SVS 5.1 speaker/sub system or the Onix X-LS system from AV123.com

I am not familiar with the Cambridge Soundworks system, but it looks like the small center and surrounds would have a hard time keeping up with the mains. Also, I am not sold on the idea of full range mains vs. a seperate subwoofer for HT.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis