AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Andrew, the most important thing is that they should also carry some sort of manufacturer's warranty, shouldn't they? :)

Cheers,
André
From Andrew to Andre: Warranty is nice. But it's always best not to even need them. :D

P.S. This morning I was talking to a very nice nurse. Her name is Andrea. :D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
From Andrew to Andre: Warranty is nice. But it's always best not to even need them. :D

P.S. This morning I was talking to a very nice nurse. Her name is Andrea. :D
Dude! where you been! we got a lot going on here!

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
A Software Developer has to have an imagination. Most of the engineers I deal with are from NASA and Harris and Grumman and Rockwell no imaginations strictly by the book
From your reply I gather that you have not worked as a software developer, no offence intended.

A very important part of what I do as a software developer is to make software as bug-free as possible, within requirements from management as well as applicable regulations, while at the same time make it fit for purpose. I also have to think about maintenance of said code for years to come, how it will affect new projects and so forth. This have a tendency to make us a bit conservative, at least the competent ones.

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
All the engineers that I've dealt with always over-thinking stuff I got to analyze and analyze and analyze to make an educated decision I guess it's their way not saying it's right or wrong I think it's nuts I don't have that time
PhD chemists are worse. I am one sorry to say!

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
From your reply I gather that you have not worked as a software developer, no offence intended.

A very important part of what I do as a software developer is to make software as bug-free as possible, within requirements from management as well as applicable regulations, while at the same time make it fit for purpose. I also have to think about maintenance of said code for years to come, how it will affect new projects and so forth. This have a tendency to make us a bit conservative, at least the competent ones.
Unmm so Your the guy who messed up Panasonic's chips!! Everybody get him guys!
8F323B2C-05EB-4ACF-ADB8-C84FFE9701B6.gif

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
PhD chemists are worse. I am one sorry to say!
I work for guy that was a chemist. He started his own oil company producing oils and lubricants

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Andrew,@AcuDefTechGuy, ever since I said I would umm I may get a Denon seems like Andrew been smacking on me. :p:p Lol no but really what to get? Seems like it's a crap shoot these day's in the hopes of getting a AVR that works or last. Yamaha Denon Marantz are all good AVR's, After hearing DTS-X Neutral I gotta have it! If my ole Yamaha had it I wouldn't upgrade. I have till the refund hits my bank to decide.Denon's 3600 seems like a no brainer, but I really like the way Yamaha's sound hope Denon sounds as good as Yamaha's. The V6A I just sent back sounded better than my 7790 I just put back in my audio rack. Very detailed sounding AVR has better inner detail think umm background Instruments a little more prominent. If that means anything, and yep Andrew is right DTS-X is waaay better than any sound format I've heard to date.
I think I use NeuralX about 99% of the time.

I think buying a brand new Denon X3600 is probably fine. Need one or two 120mm USB fans since the Denon will get hot. $799 for 3 years isn't bad. Haha. :eek: ;) :D

I did my time, took my chances (like Eye of the Tiger :D) with Denon already. So it's just my time to move on and give Yamaha a fair try. :D

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic

I think buying a brand new Denon X3600 is probably fine. Need one or two 120mm USB fans since the Denon will get hot. $799 for 3 years isn't bad. Haha. :eek: ;) :D

I did my time, took my chances (like Eye of the Tiger :D) with Denon already. So it's just my time to move on and give Yamaha a fair try. :D
Well, I'll have one of each.

The Yammy 3080 in living room in the salamander cabinet. I have the expanded rear panel with two large thermostat controlled fans behind the 3080 with the temp probe sitting on it's top. It turns on after a few seconds of running based on where I have the temp setting (84 degrees) and runs for a while after I'm done to clear the remaining residual heat.

For the Denon 3600, I'll have it in the open in the garage. Still need a fan if nothing on top and not in a cabinet? Maybe 18" to 24" clearance above it. air conditioned room.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja

lolo, Umm yeah, So umm what you think of sound bars? Seems like all new 2020 AVR's gonna have a bad year. XBox, Apple TV, PS5 guy's ain't gonna be to happy next year

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, I'll have one of each.

The Yammy 3080 in living room in the salamander cabinet. I have the expanded rear panel with two large thermostat controlled fans behind the 3080 with the temp probe sitting on it's top. It turns on after a few seconds of running based on where I have the temp setting (84 degrees) and runs for a while after I'm done to clear the remaining residual heat.

For the Denon 3600, I'll have it in the open in the garage. Still need a fan if nothing on top and not in a cabinet? Maybe 18" to 24" clearance above it. air conditioned room.
I still can't get pass the "Garage" part. :D

If I ever put anything in the garage, it would be a used AVR from Craigslist for $100. No, make that $50. :D

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
I still can't get pass the "Garage" part. :D

If I ever put anything in the garage, it would be a used AVR from Craigslist for $100. :D

If it wasn't for the gym stuff, the golf cart and the work bench and tool box, it would make an awesome theater room since it's insulated with heat/AC. LOL

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
What about Pioneer? any word on what they got coming out? I use to have Pioneers back in the day Sony's also even Kentwood. I believe ole Doc may be right, we may be in the last day's of AVR's. It's been crickets on Onkyo's.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If it wasn't for the gym stuff, the golf cart and the work bench and tool box, it would make an awesome theater room since it's insulated with heat/AC. LOL
Yeah, I think most garages aren't quite home theater ready. So it just depends. Mine is just for cars. So I just can't picture putting any AVR in my garage. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Perhaps you should get a nicer garage to complement a nice AVR :p
Yeah, but I just prefer to spend time in my home theater, instead of garage. :D

Lie on my cushy comfy theater bed, put the blankets on, relax, turn off the lights, watch movies. :D

Last edited:
S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
So by that comment, you'd stick with a new and cheaper RX-A780 versus the AVR-3600H for this room? The 780 would be $150 cheaper when comparing new to new (sale price). I could get the 780 new through BB for local support as well, but they don't have the 3600 discounted.
Depends on what you want to spend. $150 is different for different budgets. I also think we all want to feel like we got a good deal.

Yamaha and Denon are like Nissan and Toyota. Both are excellent brands.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Depends on what you want to spend. $150 is different for different budgets. I also think we all want to feel like we got a good deal.

Yamaha and Denon are like Nissan and Toyota. Both are excellent brands.
Nissan is not an excellent brand
61298286f701d49a8f17abb965517750.png

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis